Quantcast

what will be the Best SHOcK for a BigHit Grom

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
We just got a New frame for my friend Tomer, a brand new 2005 Specialized Bighit grom, the only problem (maybe a blessing) is that the frame did not come with a rear Shock, so i want to ask the experts what will be the best option for little Tomer, he is about 5'2" about a 105 pounds and is going to use the bike for "agressive freeride" jumping and just general all around trashing...

so what do you guys and gals think,,, i don't even know the proper lengh or the stroke require for this little bike.

Oh... and if you have a Shock that will work for this bike for sale send me a PM or post it here.

thanks In advance..the frame will be run ussing 24" diameter wheels or maybe a 26" /24' combo in the back if that makes any diference..

thanks Tomer & Ricky

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
I look and I look and I can not find the spects for the GROM frame,, maybe I have no idea were to look.. i will call my friends at the shop tomorrow.

anyway I also measure the frame and it looks like the frame needs a 6,75' or a 7" inch long shock, I'm not really sure.

anyway help will be more than apreciated .

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
well, it comes like this stock: 190 x 51mm, 450lb spring.... i think the swinger 3 way comes in that size... it may be 50mm though. im not sure if that would still work.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
dirtjumpP.1 said:
well, it comes like this stock: 190 x 51mm, 450lb spring.... i think the swinger 3 way comes in that size... it may be 50mm though. im not sure if that would still work.
Is that 190MM for the "Normal" big hits or for the Tinny Grom..??

I just measure and looks like 190 is about 12MM to long,,will hit on the seattube if was 190MM...or maybe i'm just mistaken..

thanks for the info no matter what..

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
dirtjumpP.1 said:
well thats what it says for the grom on the specialized web site
OH thanks Amigo,,,,
i guess i'm the one messing up,, well is not the first time and for sure not the last..

gracias de Nuevo..

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Looks like you need, as dirtjump said, a 7.5" i2i, 2" stroke shock.

Given the relatively inexpensive frame, something like a Vanilla R or a Swinger 3-way would do great. That was the stock size on the Giant AC for several years (it may still be, I don't know), so there are a lot of used shocks floating around in that size. You could check the Buy and Sell forum here, or over at MTBR.com.