Quantcast

What will you be riding in 2006 - bikes that is....

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Here's what I'll be pedaling in 2006, what about the rest of you Monkeys???

Older Serotta Colorado LT with Dura Ace Group - sweet riding steel!

and

My Surly Karate Monkey. I'll be putting some different tires on it and cutting the steerer tube soon, but for now it serves as my winter road/snow bike. The roads are too crappy right now for the Serotta.

Show us what you'll be rockin out on in 2006, especially if it is new or at least new to you. :cool:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise

Till it breaks

Maybe a new fork. I can't deny my XC needs.

I was hoping to score a DOC, but I have encountered some unexpected costs, so who knows

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
i just got this two days ago, in a big part thanks to your exelent advice...

if anything i have far to many bikes and not sufficient Ba^^s or skill to ride them as hard as they can be push...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
patineto said:

if anything i have far to many bikes and not sufficient Ba^^s or skill to ride them as hard as they can be push...
Hey, that looks like my old White Bros DH<2. I would seriously rethink the way you have that fork set up. Especially before you ride it.

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
I'll be riding either a Cove Shocker DH, an Orange 224, or an Astrix Havoc. This will only be a frame only type of deal. I'll get a fox 40 for either of these and an 8-track wheelset from Sun-Ringle. I know it's a wide variety, but it will be finalized when I call the companies on Monday when they finally open from the Holiday season. I am also looking into getting a Gary Fisher Ged as my all around bike for local trails.

I'm picking ONE of the fullys

All Around for next season

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Mountain Dewd I want my bike back :blah:

I'll be rockin a Cannondale Judge. I probably wont have a Hardtail or Small bike becuase I need gears, lockers, and axles in my truck. I gotta keep my priorities straight :oink:

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Trail:
2004 Titus Talas Switchblade With
Fox TALAS XTT fork
Juicy 7 brakes
Crossmax XL Disc
Cane creek Solos headset
Raceface Atlas cranks
Raceface Next carbon low riser
Raceface Deus XC stem
and of course, eggbeater TI

XC/race:
2003 Specialized Epic Disk
Juicy 7 disks
Float 80 RL or Manitou minute fork
717 Disc rims on Hope XC hubs
Easton EC-90 low riser bar with Raceface Deus stem
XT cranks
Egg beater Stainless pedal

Roadie scum:
2005 Specialized Roubaix comp triple
Stock except for
Ksyrium SL wheels
Eggbeater Candy pedals

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
patineto said:

Please take Brians advice and redo the fork before you ride it

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
my 04 kona stinky dee, with deemax, mrp chain guide, saint brakes, hone cranks, hone or saint r/d, michelin tires, 888 or boxxer wc (06), and an EA70 bar, o i almost forgot my favorit thing on my bike the dhx air!

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Iron Horse Sunday,

521's, 04 WC Boxxer, SIC bar and stem, Holzfellers, E13 guide, Sram Drivetrain, I beam seat and post, Juicy 7's etc...

Hardtail: still undecided, I want a Black Market but the frames might be too small.

Dan

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
This coming season I'll be on a '05 prophet 4x, which I built up towards the end of last season. Currently it's running a pike team, juicy7 7/6", crossmax front wheel and custom dt/mavic rear, thomson post and stem, fsa bar and cranks, sts guide with x7/x9 drivetrain and mallet m pedals. Weight should be around 31 and I doubt much will change for the 2006 season.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Custom Steel Draco XC bike, carbon rear stays, rolling on Industry 9 wheels, Marta SL's, and a Fox Float RLC.

Karate Monkey, rigid, SS/fixie

Kona Kuku (aka the POS bmx I can chuck off a building and it'll come out fine)

And of course many many more miles on the steel Schwinn Pelaton road bike, full DA, ritchey WCS...sexy bike.

The Ito

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
my bass boat red ridge, 05 stumpy 120 expert, and hopefully a bmx that i shall be getting soon. im not sure if i will get a dh bike this season but i am hoping to.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Banshee Chappy

Jamic Dakar XC -- waiting for replacement chainstays.

Walker X-bike

Brew SS --waiting for them to build a flat trail by the lake.:nopity:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
same as '04...giant DH (02) for DH, spec enduro (02) for trail riding, and evil (02) for screwing around or pretending to know how to ride street, or general hucking.

:think:

sounds like i need a new bike.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
Brian HCM#1 said:
Hey, that looks like my old White Bros DH<2.
I did buy it on Ride Monkey but i'm sure i did not buy it from you...
I would seriously rethink the way you have that fork set up. Especially before you ride it.

Why because of the tyre clearance...!?!?!?

I'm being riding it this way for the last 4 months with out bottoming out into the clamp one time (even with a 2.7' tyre) the fork is at the suggested lowest limit (sticker is right there)
Yes I do know the upper clamps is a little to high (Touching the top "Red" cap of the fork) and i'm going to fix that...
let me know your reasoning anyway i'm sure you
know way more than i do...

what can i say, i'm a cross country rider type and i like my head angles as steep as i can get them so i try to run my forks as low as i possibly can,,, (i test for safety a bunch of times)

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Are you fvcking kidding me? Put that crown slammed against the headtube, stem upside down ontop of that if you want it low. I wouldnt even pedal that thing around with it like that.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
COmtbiker12 said:
I'd swap it so that the upper crown is below the stem...
Yeah I know that is the way is being done for ever and ever, but just because of that those not mean is the only way to do it...

i think I use this argument before,,
if you are going to CrAsH what do preffer...!?!?
to hit your self agains a flat piece of metal or Hit you self agains all this "Spiky" parts protruding from the triple clamp like the stem and the fork legs..

Also i beleive I can control the height of the stem a little better, since I can run it right next to the headset or anything in between..

I do have scientific data to confirm this, but i do believe the forks are even more rigid do to the extreme overlap and also the same happend to the stem since is held down but also from above...

I did try this set up on a shiver DC and the fork legs were a lot less prone to flex that if was set up on the convensional form...

please give me a Sound argument and not just this "Is sopose to be that way" talk..