Quantcast

What will you do with your tax return?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I haven't bought a bike or major bike part since 2005 or maybe 2004 so I think I'm going to get a Big Dummy It's sure to be a hit with the local greener hippies and raw food advocates. :)

If I do I'll have a Bob Yak for sell... less than 50 miles on it. :disgust1:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
I really like the idea of this type of thing but I live at the top of a huge hill where there are often 50kph freezing headwinds for 3 months of the year. I need environmentally friendly with a decent power source. Currently this a 4 stroke 125 scooter. Not great I know, but better than a car at least.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I had to pay, initially, but Im thinking if we get this rebate back from GWB (that is happening, right?) a tin roof for the house is in order.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Probably putting it towards repairing/replacing the deck at my house.

It's fairly unsafe to walk on.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Paying for a trip out of the country...that is also where our economic stimulus $$$ from uncle sam is going too.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Ours was substantial and we're saving it for retirement. I refuse to work until standard retirement age.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Ours was substantial and we're saving it for retirement. I refuse to work until standard retirement age.
I refuse to listen to the voice of reason!

I thought I could live in a tin shack and never work again... pipe dreams of the 90's. :shocked:

Now my retirement plan is 55... 14 more years to go. I'm pretty sure sure the Big Dummy will help ease my pain.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Am I the only one that owes this country money?
Nope, me and my girlfriend both owe..........basturds!

Mine isn't so bad, her's is a little worse, but all under $200 total for both of us which isn't horrible. This is the first year I owe though.....which sucks all in it's own.

That stimulus check that Bush is sending out just will put people more in a hole come next tax year. If I already owe now.......I'll owe that + that stupid check. We're just going to put ours away and gain the $5 in interest on it before we give it back.

I still bought bike stuff though, going to try the Notubes deal out on my big bike :)

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
Nope, me and my girlfriend both owe..........basturds!

Mine isn't so bad, her's is a little worse, but all under $200 total for both of us which isn't horrible. This is the first year I owe though.....which sucks all in it's own.

That stimulus check that Bush is sending out just will put people more in a hole come next tax year. If I already owe now.......I'll owe that + that stupid check. We're just going to put ours away and gain the $5 in interest on it before we give it back.

I still bought bike stuff though, going to try the Notubes deal out on my big bike :)

Check your facts about the rebate. See the link below:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23243389/

Specifically this quote,

"But here's where it gets tricky.

The rebate is technically an "advance credit" for your 2008 taxes, leading some to believe the extra money will come out of your refund for next year.

"No," said Rudoy. "It's a one-time stimulus to the economy, and it won't affect anything that anybody has for next year."

The IRS gave Call 4 Action the same assurance.

Plus, it said you can get another $300 next year on top of the rebate check if you have a child in 2008.

And unlike years past, it won't make you pay taxes on that rebate money."

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
Put most of mine in the bank. Though part of it will go toward building a shade veranda over the back "slab of concrete" patio to keep it less like a frying pan in the summer.