Quantcast

what won't I do for money?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Background on my situation-
I have been working on a reasearch project all semester for community based health research and planning. I have been working with a core group of kids from a middle school in memphis on ideas of healthy communities and the developement of health messages.

This summer they will attend a day camp teaching them the ins and outs of media production in order to produce these messages and have a traveling exhibit detailing their life and health in their communities. To kick off the summer day camp, there is a three day over night camp for the kids next week.

We just found out that they must have supervisors for the entire camp. I said no f'in way, Jose'............Until they offered to pay me. So next wednesday, thursday and friday I will be a frickin camp counserlor to a group of 12 and 13 year olds. Are you frickin kidding me. I am terrified of this age group.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
they're all going through puberty. wear something "nice". all will listen to you.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
laura said:
We just found out that they must have supervisors for the entire camp. I said no f'in way, Jose'............Until they offered to pay me. So next wednesday, thursday and friday I will be a frickin camp counserlor to a group of 12 and 13 year olds. Are you frickin kidding me. I am terrified of this age group.
i was a ymca counselor for a bike trip for that age group. what a bunch of hellions -- one of them jumped off the roof of the outhouse at the campground and caused great concern, as i thought he'd broken his ankle...

:dead:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
DRB said:
Just punch the biggest one in the face and then the rest will fall into line.

OR attack and kill you.

Yep, at that age jailhouse rules apply. Sharpen your toothbrush, show no weakness and consider joining a gang.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
these are a group of high risk youth too, not known for their upstanding behavior. i've met all the girls and they seem ok, evidently I don't have to deal with the boys too much.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
yep some tear gas and a bean bag firing shotgun is gonna be the only thing that gets ya through.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
laura said:
these are a group of high risk youth too, not known for their upstanding behavior. i've met all the girls and they seem ok, evidently I don't have to deal with the boys too much.
Don't turn your back on them. And maybe instead of punching the biggest one, you should just shank that one, that way they know how far you are willing to go.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
laura said:
Background on my situation-<snip> I am terrified of this age group.
Don't be terrified of kids. If there's any guff, tell them you'll pull out their toenails with a rusty pair of pliers and an old kitchen knife then staple them to a rotten piece of particle board and burn them alive in front of their peers.

Then if they test you - do it. :thumb:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
laura said:
who is lawrence and what was he talking about?
From Office Space....

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?
Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man, two chicks at the same time, man.
Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?
Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had a million dollars I could hook that up, cause chicks dig a dude with money.
Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.
Lawrence: Well the kind of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do.
Peter Gibbons: Good point.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
DRB said:
From Office Space....

Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?
Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had a million dollars I could hook that up, cause chicks dig a dude with money.
that movie is too popular for the quallity.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
DRB said:
From Office Space....

GREAT JOB, I APPROVE (not that is gets you anything)

I love that movie!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
laura said:
my bad, i trailed off. For the quallity of humor in the movie, I think its way too popular. Or some people need to get out of the office more.
I think you need to spend some time as a corporate slave to really appreciate that movie.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
I worked at a summer camp a couple summers ago. What I would do is this: Be a stickler for the rules when you first get the kids, and don't let them get away with anything. Then, once you've gotten their respect, open up to them and be funny. This way, they will see you as cool, but at the same time, know that they will lose a finger if they get out of line.

Girls are probably a bit different than guys, though.