Quantcast

What would MisterClean do if he found these jumps?

What Would MisterClean Do If He Found These Jumps?

• Return with a backhoe and plow them.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Call the police to make sure no illegal activities took place.

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Get some fishing line and teach the kids a lesson about building illegal jumps.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Cry in his pillow for the 800th night in a row.

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Ride them.

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Stroke his 'stache and challenge the builders to an XC race for $5K.

Votes: 38 59.4%

• Total voters

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
On my road ride home, I found these cool jumps that some kids were working on:

Unfortunately, I think they are not supposed to be there. So what would MisterClean do if found these jumps?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I donno about Mr. Clean but I would notify the authorites right away and (hopefully) have them torn down in 10 days....

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
stinkyboy said:
As much as I want to hate this guy too, I missed the thread(s) where he gets bitchy. Please enlighten me.
I'm pretty sure he has self-moderated some instances where he made himself look like an extreme tool. But there's still material all over the challenge thread.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I didn't see the poll options befre they were "altered". I chose the 5k race, of course. But what was it beforehand?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
jimmydean said:
I didn't see the poll options befre they were "altered". I chose the 5k race, of course. But what was it beforehand?
Everything but the 5k race...

J

JRB

Can I write in leg hump justsomeguy while talking about how much better they ride than the rest of the world???

J

JRB

I am amazed how full of his own life he appears to be. I may be wrong, but I have negative interest in ever being on the same trail as that dude. If for no other reason, to not have to ever see a man wear pink or purple lycra.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
When I first started riding I used to go to Pete's site all the time to watch the helmet cam vids. Too bad he turned out to be such an ego.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
loco said:
I am amazed how full of his own life he appears to be.
Understanding your chronic insecurity issues and feelings of inadequacy, I can see how normal people leading normal lives would appear to be "full of themselves" to you.

loco said:
I'm almost always wrong,
Fixed that for you.

p.s. Pink lycra is simply awesome for generated hilarious responses from folks, be they insecure or not.

p.p.s. Kidwoo's question cracked me up. Spot on commentary on the silliness.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Wumpus said:
Who's JD?

edit -- and don't say mr. clean.
Wonderful fellow.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=48229

This is even better. In response to a dead teenage girl dying of hydration right in front of her parents.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=109447

J.D. said:
Another reason to call it dorkupine rim. Some of these people go out into the wilds and think it's gizneyland and find out in a harsh and real way that it's not. I say ban "reality" television and the idiots that watch it because they don't have enough of a life or common sense for a grip on real "reality". Again, it's too bad a kid had to pay the price for their lack of a wise parent.

Of course it turns out the kid had a quite reasonable amount of water with her.

I'd be happy to go on a ride with PF any day of the week. Mr JD......not so much.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
kidwoo said:
Of course it turns out the kid had a quite reasonable amount of water with her.

I'd be happy to go on a ride with PF any day of the week. Mr JD......not so much.
So, 70oz of water on a triple-digit temperature day on Dorkupine Rim is reasonable? How long have you been living and riding in Moab? My response was to the newspaper article and the completely lame notion that they somehow "did everything right". Anyone who knows anything about Moab in Summer knows that you should be off the trail by 10AM. Then again, newspaper hacks are only looking to sensationalize tragedy and not report the facts, which in this case was even more of a travesty because of the notion that they made no mistakes and this was a fluke.

Do a little more research before you start spouting the same knee-jerk BS the mtbidiots did. I have been an advocate of NOT riding in Moab in Summer for many years because of that incident and others where kids have lost their lives on the trail in Moab. Most of that has been posted in alt.mountain-bike over the past seven years and Dennis has been a participant in that newsgroup as well.

Dennis and I have discussed the whole thing and he holds no ill will towards me. I do, however hold ill will towards people who keep dragging that whole thing up because it's something Dennis and his wife will have to live with the rest of their lives.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
MisterClean said:
Dennis and I have discussed the whole thing and he holds no ill will towards me. I do, however hold ill will towards people who keep dragging that whole thing up because it's something Dennis and his wife will have to live with the rest of their lives.

Good to hear actually. And as to how I would know this beforehand I haven't a clue.

As to everything that preceded my quote....

You're not wrong walter, you're just an asshole.

I know for a fact I could ride porc rim on 70oz of water because I've done it just after finishing the continental divide ride in 2000. We went straight to moab for a week. So under some circumstances, yeah it might be enough. A teenage girl however lacking the same muscle mass for storage is a different story. But who cares......even today, you choose to chastise the decision of dennis and his wife in a callous manner. Like I said.....you're not wrong......but you're still a prick. Even as a reaction to a sensationalized news report, your response was uninformed and crass. Who's family it turned out to be is irrelevant.

I'm not going to even pretend that I believe the way in which you conduct yourself here is even remotely indicative of how you behave sans internet anonymity. I'm fully aware that this is your entertainment. Jugding by your recent popularity here, I'd say you've done a very good job at getting just the moronic responses you wish to ellicit. I'm not on their team though. I recognize your little games and to be honest am probably just as entertained as you are.

But you still crossed a line in my mind. You don't even have the decency to admit it months later. Meaning either 1) you're worried about saving face (internet face at that) or 2) You still feel that belittling people who have just watched a family member die was the right thing to do....strangers or not.

Number 2 puts you squarely in my mind once again, as a prick. (this was pretty much established in my mind in my first link btw).

Number 1 just goes to show what an exhibitionist you really are.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
kidwoo said:
Good to hear actually. And as to how I would know this beforehand I haven't a clue.

As to everything that preceded my quote....

You're not wrong walter, you're just an asshole.

I know for a fact I could ride porc rim on 70oz of water because I've done it just after finishing the continental divide ride in 2000. We went straight to moab for a week. So under some circumstances, yeah it might be enough. A teenage girl however lacking the same muscle mass for storage is a different story. But who cares......even today, you choose to chastise the decision of dennis and his wife in a callous manner. Like I said.....you're not wrong......but you're still a prick. Even as a reaction to a sensationalized news report, your response was uninformed and crass. Who's family it turned out to be is irrelevant.

I'm not going to even pretend that I believe the way in which you conduct yourself here is even remotely indicative of how you behave sans internet anonymity. I'm fully aware that this is your entertainment. Jugding by your recent popularity here, I'd say you've done a very good job at getting just the moronic responses you wish to ellicit. I'm not on their team though. I recognize your little games and to be honest am probably just as entertained as you are.

But you still crossed a line in my mind. You don't even have the decency to admit it months later. Meaning either 1) you're worried about saving face (internet face at that) or 2) You still feel that belittling people who have just watched a family member die was the right thing to do....strangers or not.

Number 2 puts you squarely in my mind once again, as a prick. (this was pretty much established in my mind in my first link btw).

Number 1 just goes to show what an exhibitionist you really are.
Well put Kidwoo, I wasn't surprised when I read the posts on the other forum that you linked to, but more ashamed that anyone that shares the same sport would be so calus with his comments. Arrogance is one thing, and most people on this forum have their own little way of dealing with it... but I have no time for the piss poor outlook he has for others...

and by the way Mr. Clean... if you hate races so much why don't you remove yourself from the human race? we could do with a little less of your negativity.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
brungeman said:
and by the way Mr. Clean... if you hate races so much why don't you remove yourself from the human race? we could do with a little less of your negativity.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone who enjoys a bicycle.

What would be more productive is a severing of the internet posturing from the human who decided to raise kids and extend true condolences to a fellow biker who lost his.

stratguy1618

Monkey
Apr 18, 2004
I know where those are I havent been there for a while, the jumps have been there for a couple years and nothing has really happened with the city or anything. Creektrails, thats what everyone calls em.

J

JRB

justsomeguy said:
Understanding your chronic insecurity issues and feelings of inadequacy, I can see how normal people leading normal lives would appear to be "full of themselves" to you.

Fixed that for you.

p.s. Pink lycra is simply awesome for generated hilarious responses from folks, be they insecure or not.

p.p.s. Kidwoo's question cracked me up. Spot on commentary on the silliness.

Throw all the psycho babble you wish. You are still a tool that appears to be not so normal in the ways he feels about himself.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
J.D. said:
Another reason to call it dorkupine rim. Some of these people go out into the wilds and think it's gizneyland and find out in a harsh and real way that it's not. I say ban "reality" television and the idiots that watch it because they don't have enough of a life or common sense for a grip on real "reality". Again, it's too bad a kid had to pay the price for their lack of a wise parent.
MisterClean said:
So, 70oz of water on a triple-digit temperature day on Dorkupine Rim is reasonable? How long have you been living and riding in Moab? My response was to the newspaper article and the completely lame notion that they somehow "did everything right". Anyone who knows anything about Moab in Summer knows that you should be off the trail by 10AM. Then again, newspaper hacks are only looking to sensationalize tragedy and not report the facts, which in this case was even more of a travesty because of the notion that they made no mistakes and this was a fluke.

Do a little more research before you start spouting the same knee-jerk BS the mtbidiots did. I have been an advocate of NOT riding in Moab in Summer for many years because of that incident and others where kids have lost their lives on the trail in Moab. Most of that has been posted in alt.mountain-bike over the past seven years and Dennis has been a participant in that newsgroup as well.

I post here because this is a community of cyclists. I have my disagreements and I have been busted a few times myself. But I enjoy what I read here, and I hope others find my posts enjoyable as well.

I am not sure why you post here. Remember, our first disagreement was when I posted how my friend had a problem dealing with the police, which you responded by bragging how you would kick some ass. Then later you mention how you are involved in law enforcement in some pathetic attempt to validate yourself.

Aggravating or not, your words have no meaning because it is impossible to respect the person writing them.

While I choose to maintain a modicum of anomity, I stand by the words I write here, and I would not be afraid to say it person or electronically.

In your post on mtbr, you mock the death of the little girl, which you never apologized to mtbr community. You stand by the conviction that you are correct in pointing out their tragic error, but it is obvious that whenever a child dies, there was a horrible mistake made. You do not need to point this mistake to anyone, particularily other cyclists.

And now you hide behind pain of this family for the asinine and unthinking words you wrote.

You might think apologizing to Ogre clears you of all trangressions. It doesn't with the rest of us. What you wrote is so hurtful I feel it in my gut.

And if you don't care what the rest of us think, then why post here? You should find people who want to hear what you have to say and write for them.

If you had said, "I was wrong, I'm sorry", it would be forgiven in a heartbeat. But if you feel you need to prove something, you won't be able to do it on Ridemonkey.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
sanjuro said:
I post here because this is a community of cyclists. I have my disagreements and I have been busted a few times myself. But I enjoy what I read here, and I hope others find my posts enjoyable as well.

I am not sure why you post here. Remember, our first disagreement was when I posted how my friend had a problem dealing with the police, which you responded by bragging how you would kick some ass. Then later you mention how you are involved in law enforcement in some pathetic attempt to validate yourself.

Aggravating or not, your words have no meaning because it is impossible to respect the person writing them.

While I choose to maintain a modicum of anomity, I stand by the words I write here, and I would not be afraid to say it person or electronically.

In your post on mtbr, you mock the death of the little girl, which you never apologized to mtbr community. You stand by the conviction that you are correct in pointing their tragic error, but it is obvious that whenever a child dies, there was a horrible mistake made. You do not need to point this mistake to anyone, particularily other cyclists.

And now you hide behind pain of this family for the asinine and unthinking words you wrote.

You might think apologizing to Ogre clears you of all trangressions. It doesn't with the rest of us. What you wrote is so hurtful I feel it in my gut.

And if you don't care what the rest of us think, then why post here? You should find people who want to hear what you have to say and write for them.

If you had said, "I was wrong, I'm sorry", it would be forgiven in a heartbeat. But if you feel you need to prove something, you won't be able to do it on Ridemonkey.
absolutely. well said.