Quantcast

What would you be riding if you weren't riding what you are riding?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
GG pistola, ohlins, WR1/box, eewings, trickstuff, xtr.

once the lawsuit settles, 'tis going to be a silly build. should also note i haven't had a 100% brand new mountain bike since high school. everything since then has either been old parts on a new frame, or purely second hand.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
God damn, do I love that bike. I can't imagine that something else would be noticeably better. To be fair, I used to think that about the Niner too, but it turns out better technology is better, especially with a decade of difference between the two frames.

Had I money to burn, I'd love to add a crabon hardtail to the stable. Possibly as a single speed.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
To kind of answer my own question,
Pivot Trail 429
Kona Hei Hei previous gen
GG Trail pistol
Maybe a banshee? I'm liking aluminum these days.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
if i was going to get a new DH bike, would almost certainly be a Commencal Supreme.

in the meantime, i might have an opportunity to trade my 40 (2008) for a dorado (2010 era model).

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
another bike to horde/look at

find a eastern woods research Ti 29er....

or a sklar....oddity cycles...waltworks....hardtail....

full squishy...find someone willing to part with a spooky eraser....

or have ftw build a 29er splinter...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I have an odd fetishization with orange bikes. A 120/110mm travel segment or whatever they call it would be pretty cool. I'd take a 29splinter alternatively...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Reeb Squeeb in 27.5. 150mm or 160mm up front, 130mm or 140mm out back. Both well set up coil suspension. Nothing else fancy or crazy. That would probably suffice for 95% of the riding I actually do.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Currently on a 2012 Turner Burner.

If I wasn't allowed any demos I'd get a Pivot Switchblade as the very brief demo I had on one it felt much like my current bike, just with 29er wheels.

Other bikes on my shortlist I'd like to demo:
Smash, Offering, Ripmo, Privateer 141, Commencal Meta TR29, Hightower.

There was a Privateer 141 at the bike park yesterday that I would have loved to have seen the owner and asked to throw a leg over it. But it was leaning outside the medical center so I might have been a while waiting :D

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
This The Smash I just built smashes, can't imagine replacing it with something. Instead, n+1 dictates I should get a DH bike to throw a leg over once or twice a year, so nothing too high-falutin' -- a Sender or Tues would suit me fine.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Once I find a bike I like I don't look at bikes anymore so I don't really even know what is out there. I really like my V1 Ripmo and the V2 Ripmo actually fixed any gripes/improvements that I really had. Funny thing is that ended up with a Ripmo because I found a super cheap used one.

As much as I enjoy my big dumb Chromag hardtail, I would like a lighter shorter travel ti hardtail, may actually have something in the works on acquiring one, n+1 and all.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Once I find a bike I like I don't look at bikes anymore so I don't really even know what is out there. I really like my V1 Ripmo and the V2 Ripmo actually fixed any gripes/improvements that I really had. Funny thing is that ended up with a Ripmo because I found a super cheap used one.

As much as I enjoy my big dumb Chromag hardtail, I would like a lighter shorter travel ti hardtail, may actually have something in the works on acquiring one, n+1 and all.
get a riprow to go with your ripmo

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
A Jeronimo Chabardo Ti 160 with 26" wheels and custom modern geometry, kinematics by @Vrock, Intend suspension + stem, eeWings, AXS shifting + dropper, R1R brakes, Bike Ahead wheels or a custom build with Tune hubs and Syntace carbon rims, Beast Components handlebar, CB pedals, silicon grips, DHR2 tires tubeless.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Aluminum, mullet, 160/160 travel with current geometry. Would also like to try Öhlins suspension. Nicolai G1 would be pretty rad.

The cool looking steel enderpo frames catch my attention every now and then, but the frame weight usually snaps me out of it pretty quickly...not that the G1 is exactly svelte.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've had a Pedalhead and a Stylus. I liked but not loved both of them. If I'm on a hardtail it's likely my Sovereign and just playing/street riding.

I could see them being less fun in Colorado. I think they work really well for the terrain around here, more specifically not so many sharp pointy rocks.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeti SB130

Shit. If we came into a chunk of change I'd probably get a C2 and swap the build from my Nukeproof over then sell the Nukeproof to recover some of the expense. Though I could probably just do a full swap and get $1k out of my Nukeproof frame.

I'm pretty sure if Wifey wants me to get back into shape, that would do it. I would just get dressed in riding gear every morning and do a 1.5hr lunch ride. Every. Damn. Day. And work my day around the extra time in the middle.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
If I had a bucket of money that didnt have a home I would send it to Lenz for a custom 100mm concentric pivot singlespeed 27.5" frame.

It's been over a decade I've been thinking about it... the only cure for this bug is to find the money and order it. Hadley does make a boost SS specific hub I noticed... looks like CK abandoned the SS hubs (wtf)

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Currently on my second Spitfire and would probably go for another one. The v3 has a different shock orientation that would make the frame more compatible with bikepacking bags. That way I could have a low slack trail slayer that can be set up to haul camping gear. Would love to try bikepacking on Pisgah type trails and not dirt roads.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
If I had a bucket of money that didnt have a home I would send it to Lenz for a custom 100mm concentric pivot singlespeed 27.5" frame.

It's been over a decade I've been thinking about it... the only cure for this bug is to find the money and order it. Hadley does make a boost SS specific hub I noticed... looks like CK abandoned the SS hubs (wtf)
I thought those didn't ride particularly well, was it the Milk Money they made that had that config?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Ibis Mojo in Dirty White with an XT kit. I would also like a lightweight hardtail with a fork that is not a Sid. I was going to put a higher travel fork on my Giant XTC but was told the geometry would get fucked and I would die.