Quantcast

What would you buy if you got 1 million?

PrettyOrchid

Chimp
Jun 15, 2010
I won’t buy anything off it. Do you know why? Well if you bank it you get rent over it every year and + with a real job you will get every year a funky extra to buy great stuff and if you think you can miss more then you buy something big.
What will you do?

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
I would quit my job, buy a cheap RV for $10-15k. Buy some new bikes/toys, then tour the country chasing good weather, sick trails and spring break destinations... All while living off of the interest earned. Yes I think about this every day.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Wait wait, one mill BEFORE taxes or one mill free and clear? After taxes, you looking at what, 500k? That sure as hell isn't enough to quit working unless your 75. Even a million isn't that much anymore.

But if I did fall ass first into some serious money, I'd sit on it until the next market crash (I think it's coming), then bet it all in the next bubble. THEN retire. (Or live in a shanty)

I don't have much debt or fancy tastes so that's pretty ****ing boring.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
A whole million dollars, golly, I could buy a <1000-sq.-ft. 1-bedroom around here.

Last edited:

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Is 500k enough to build your own small dh park with lift?

I'd actually get some land and build a run for dh training. Then, build a foam pit and learn how to backflip.

edit: and hire Zach and kidwoo to build me some jumps.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I would invest it all in more lottery tickets.
What an epic fail that could turn out to be. But it would make for one hell of a headline.

"Jackass blows $1M reinvesting in Lottery".

<edit> I would hope they at least name the park they build with the money in your honor, though.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Buy as many HI yeild cd's as I could, sit on them for six months, and set them up to transfer the interest into a checking account ever six months...... Work whatever job I want reguardless of pay to have something to do, and live very comfy for the rest of my life.

Last edited:

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
I would either invest half of it or put half in savings for part of a retirement. Then I'd get out of debt, but a newish Duramax, 4x bike, new DH bike, XC bike, a small house either in CA or back home in CO. And with the rest...spend that on my other flying ratings so I can be an airline pilot.

If there's anything left after that...a small fishing boat.