Quantcast

What would you buy?

If you had to buy a production DH bike right now, which one would you choose?

• Giant DH Team

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Iron Horse SGS DH Team

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Specialized Demo 9 DH

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • GT DHi

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Kona Stab Primo

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • other

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Giant all the way, I liked mine. You would have to put some Orange stickers and Hope brakes on it to be able to keep up with me though Ben:D.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
The IronHorse and the Giant DH bikes are the only ones that really stand out. Between the two....I'd probably go IronHorse because of 'supposedly' better braking because of the fsr rear end. Although the Giant DH bikes are sexier.

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
mountaincycle would be my choice in the other block!!
but if i had to choose between the others,i would go giant or ironhorse. i've never ridden the horse,but 3 of my close friends ride the giants. 1 with the swinger shock,1 with the 5th,and 1 with an avalanche. have to say i like the avy alittle better,it just feels so smooth.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
The new Giant with the Swinger feels really good. The one I had had the Rock Shox, and I blew that thing out every time that I rode the bike. The rear end of the Iron Horse felt flxy to me, however it performs well braking, and the geometry seems pretty good. I never got a real chance to ride the Demo 9 much, but it seemed like the kind of bike that once you lost speed, it was really hard to get it moving again (like the v10) The Giant especially was lively as far as getting it moving, and keeping it rolling.