Quantcast

what would you do?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
If someone was bad mouthing you, but no one was listening, would you do anything about it?

A former employer is saying false and bad stuff, but it's not making a bit of difference in my career. I'm in a new job and his words fall on deaf ears.

So, if someone was saying nasty stuff about you, but no one cared, would you let it go? Would you confront the person?

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
I would confront the guy, tell him to please stop, because he is just making himself look like an ass. Tell him to stop and if he doesn't than what ever let it go. It can't hurt to let him know that he is an idiot and needs to stop.

splat

Nam I am
I actually went through this. no one was listening but it was still bugging me . so I fianlly told him , "If I hear one more word from you about any of this, you'd better have proof , because I will be taking it to HR . " He shut up.

if that doesn't work Take DRB's advice and blow up his car.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I would probably confront him, you never know at some point it could bite you in the ass if someone somewhere down the road continues and modifies the rumour.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
LordOpie said:
If someone was bad mouthing you, but no one was listening, would you do anything about it?

A former employer is saying false and bad stuff, but it's not making a bit of difference in my career. I'm in a new job and his words fall on deaf ears.

So, if someone was saying nasty stuff about you, but no one cared, would you let it go? Would you confront the person?
Yes, its against the law, and in fact could hurt you down the road.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
splat said:
I actually went through this. no one was listening but it was still bugging me . so I fianlly told him , "If I hear one more word from you about any of this, you'd better have proof , because I will be taking it to HR . " He shut up.

You are a wise man. :p

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
jdcamb said:
Contact a lawyer. Teach him a lesson.
Problem is, I'm not litigous at all.

SXtrailrider said:
I would confront the guy, tell him to please stop, because he is just making himself look like an ass.
If that's true, then I got my revenge by not doing anything.

DRB said:
Blow their car up.
How about a banana in the tail pipe?

(ya know, that sounded funny in the movie, but now, just gay.)

madbob said:
Pee in his shoes when he's not looking.
is he wearing them while i'm pissing? Won't he notice?

splat said:

He's the owner of the former company, so there is no internal recourse.

Roasted said:
I would probably confront him, you never know at some point it could bite you in the ass if someone somewhere down the road continues and modifies the rumour.
I suppose this is the only real problem.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Litigiousness has nothing to do with it, he's breaking the law, and is attempting to do damage to your good name. getting spit on is the only worse thing.

Just my honest opinion.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
narlus said:
funny, true, but here's how not litigious I am...

The infection caused by the hospital cost me:
- a week of my life. Yes, I'm grateful they saved my life.
- pain I had never known to exist... An hour leading up to them taking a sample of the infection, I had two doses of demerol (sp?) and a local anesthetic. When they stuck that big ass needle into my knee to take a sample, well, it phuckin' hurt. Not to mention teh 24 hours leading up to that was excurciating as well.
- about $2500 out of my pocket for co-insurance (tho I'm disputing it, but I will not sue if they say no) and lost wages.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Westy said:
Damn, drama just follows LO.
actually, I spend 95% of my awake hours with a smile on my face.

And I'm off to see a hockey game: Avalanche hosting Edmonton. But I'll wear my Florida Panther's jersey :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I agree with making sure they stop, even of nobody is listening NOW. You never know when that might change.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
DRB said:
I take the blowing up their car back...... I'd put a wolverine in their glove compartment.
DRB what the FVCK are you talking about???

you take back the "blowing up their car"???? instead you are going to put a wolverine in their glove box??? can you see the convoluted logic here???? you sent MMike a wolverine, and that wackjob is still with us!!!!:mumble: :banghead: :help:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
SXtrailrider said:
I would confront the guy, tell him to please stop, because he is just making himself look like an ass. Tell him to stop and if he doesn't than what ever let it go. It can't hurt to let him know that he is an idiot and needs to stop.
:stupid: :stupid: