Quantcast

What would you do?

What would you do

• Fill up, Tell your friends

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Fill up, head home get each car you own.

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Tell the owners of the station, doing the right thing

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
If you stopped at a gas station, and you found a line of people filling up, As in a very long line, and come to find it was such a long line because the pumps were malfunctioning and giving out more gas than you were paying for, as in half of the advertized price.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I get to say yes, because I once got nearly 35 gallons of diesel for just over $3. I offered to pay what I thought it was, but we settled on $20.

There you have it. I'm not as bad a person as I seem. :busted:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
fill 'er up and tell your friends. i don't think the gas companies are going to go bankrupt because you got some cheap gas.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
fill 'er up and tell your friends. i don't think the gas companies are going to go bankrupt because you got some cheap gas.
The profit that the gas companies make has nothing to do with the station selling the gas itself.

Gas stations don't have a 100% markup like bike shops. They actually see little profit per gallon and make the money on volume, unlike the large oil company supplying the gas.

I would let the owner know he was losing his ass.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Unfortunatly, the Oil companies, in this case, would have already made there money. Leaving the station owner with a loss.

With that said, earlier tonight, I noticed that when I filled My shadow up, I asked for ten bucks of gas, should give me just over 3 gallons. My tank was defenetly able to take at least three gallons, I was on reserve for about 20ish miles. After I filled up, I looked at the pump, read 1.32 gallons. Went inside, told the attendant, found it was the owner, she checked out her system, found a problem. Gave me My gas for letting her know, and gave me a couple free monsters. She offered me another tank of gas next time I stopped in, but I wasnt worried ab out it.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
i would probably fill up...then maybe mention something to the owner...gas mark up for the gas station is very low...the grocery store i work at, we sell gas...and most of the time we are either breaking even, or making a few cents per gallon, especially when the price goes up

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
With that said, earlier tonight, I noticed that when I filled My shadow up, I asked for ten bucks of gas, should give me just over 3 gallons. My tank was defenetly able to take at least three gallons, I was on reserve for about 20ish miles. After I filled up, I looked at the pump, read 1.32 gallons. Went inside, told the attendant, found it was the owner, she checked out her system, found a problem. Gave me My gas for letting her know, and gave me a couple free monsters. She offered me another tank of gas next time I stopped in, but I wasnt worried ab out it.
So not following this trainwreck of sentence composition...

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
The profit that the gas companies make has nothing to do with the station selling the gas itself.

Gas stations don't have a 100% markup like bike shops. They actually see little profit per gallon and make the money on volume, unlike the large oil company supplying the gas.

I would let the owner know he was losing his ass.
:stupid: Sorry, they dont have an im with him smiley. But I totally agree, if It was an oil company selling it directly, fill up, do some drag races and fill up again. But the individual companies I think are normally franchise (or whatever) and have individual owners so I would have to say tell the owners

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I would tell the station attendant...and why do people always try to justify ripping someone or some company off because "they can afford it"?....I just don't get that....D

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
I'd laugh at all the poor saps still paying way too much for gas, wave and then start pedaling away:busted::busted:

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
I would tell the station attendant...and why do people always try to justify ripping someone or some company off because "they can afford it"?....I just don't get that....D
Because people are greedy and always looking for an excuse...