Quantcast

What XC/trailbike?

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
It has been my experience, that if you have that kind of bread to spend, buying a frame, and then building it up will really let you and your pop fine tune the ride...by that I don't mean all exotic parts, but take the Dakar frame for example, I've seen them at Supergo's site and Jensen's site for next to nothing! Quite often by looking around a bit at on-line shops, you'll find build kits at wicked prices...it will allow you to address the fork issue without relying on OEM specs too...just sub in Avid disks for the hydros, and away you go!

I've never actually seen a Haro mtn bike on trail, so I can't comment on them, but I have ridden with some big dudes on the Jamis' and the bikes seem to love the abuse. Good luck to ya!:D

well guys, my dad rode em both back to back tonight. it was just a parking lot test, but my dad was impressed with the haro. It accelerated faster, and it soaked up bumps better. i did play around with the manitou black on the jamis, and those things are SWEET! the adjustable travel changes the height and head angle, and it felt SOOOOOOO plush! the dakar was a little more freeride though, which he doesn't really care about (now me on the other hand......) He felt the haro suspension was better when pedaling and over bumps and curbs. he's gonna get the haro, and if he isn't happy with the v-brakes, he's gonna buy a disc wheelset and some avid mechanicals. it will be a good value with the deal. It will actually be $960. i think its a good choice