Quantcast

What year are these Specialized bikes?

grim57

Chimp
Mar 12, 2002
Houston, TX
These bikes are on sale for $100 a piece, however I don't what year they are. The seller said she got them in 2002, but I don't remember any 2002 rockhoppers or hardrocks looking like that. Anybody know what year these bikes are?

You think they are a good deal for $100 a piece. The buyer just needs something to ride around in and would like to hit the trail every once in a while.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Splats right about the bottom one, 93-94 with the Biopace, the top one would probably be a bit later...I'd peg it between 95-98.

In any case, they aren't worth $100 apiece. Maybe for the both of them...but you could go hit up a yard sale/thrift store and pickup something like that for ten or twenty bucks.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
i wouldnt expect the other to be from this century either although i dont think it's as old as the other one. i'm basing my guess on the headset and the fact that it's a rigid fork.
it looks in fairly good condition but dont know if it's worth a $100 i think that's a personal call i would not pay a $100 for the other one at all.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
grim57 said:
93-94? Wow, that's a big difference from 2002 she claims. I think I'll pass on these bikes. Thanks for the help y'all.

I would pass. It's old stuff, and not a good deal.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
splat said:
the bottom one has Bio-pace chainrings , that puts it around 93 -94
Are you sure about that? I don't remember biopace lasting that long. I had it on my 89 Stumpjumper.

The 2nd one looks like it has a quill stem. NTTIAWWT

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Wumpus said:
Are you sure about that? I don't remember biopace lasting that long. I had it on my 89 Stumpjumper.

The 2nd one looks like it has a quill stem. NTTIAWWT
I was going to say....

Da Peach has an '88 or '89 Biopace on his bike right now....For sure than bike is older than 1990....

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
grim57 said:
93-94? Wow, that's a big difference from 2002 she claims. I think I'll pass on these bikes. Thanks for the help y'all.
there are a couple of shops around town that deal in used bikes. MyBikeShop (jeff) in the heights and Cyclone on kirby.
i havent actually looked at thier bikes but i knew jeff and have riden with him and would trust his work.