Quantcast

Whatcha drinkin' tonite...?

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
I haven't had a chance yet to sample Augustiner in its natural habitat, but i definitely will the next time i'm in munich.

Tonight i'm having three different beers:

Rothaus Tannenzäpfle

Schneider Aventinus Weizenbock

Schlüssel Alt

An odd mix, i know, but after depleting my Augustiner supply last night it's all that's left. Cheers!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
finished the rest of my patron silver. that stuff is strong when you drink it straight.

now my head hurts....

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
A mix of Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale - Very smooth and tasty, 90 min IPA, very nice, and the ever classic double-bag. I'm starting to really dig the dogfish stuff, haven't had much of it before.

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
Ahhh the Guinness. I can't get enough of it. This isn't all that I drink, but I need to broaden my horizons. I need some suggestions on a new brew. I like em dark and stout. Hopps is good for me too.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Anything with alcohol, lots of it, this has been the crappiest Friday I've had at work in a long while. I may pick up a bottle of Everclear on the way home and see how far i get before passing out.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
had a couple shots of 151 among other things tonight. it is actually quite good once you get past the feeling that you are breathing flames.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Meeting some friends at a bar that has some good micros...here's the current draft list:

Benchwarmer Porter
Cooperstown Brewing Co. Milford Ny
Style: English Porter
Alcohol By Volume: 6.3%
"Benchwarmer" is a very smooth Porter brewed in accordance with the original "high gravity" porters of early London. More than 4% chocolate malt, which is the most similar to the brown malts of the early 1700’s, gives "Benchwarmer" its dry coffee-like finish. It is fermented with the Ringwood yeast which is an excellent yeast for the brewing of porters. The widely accepted theory of how porter got its name is that it was a very popular beer among the porters who hauled produce and goods around the marketplace of early industrialized London.

Kerouac
Magic Hat Brewing Co. Vermont USA
Style: Fruit/Vegetable Beer
Alcohol By Volume: 4.6%
Pours out a red / pink/ orange with a light pink head. Starts out as a nice pale ale and finishes with a sweet note at the back of the throat. Nice and smooth. Somewhat malty with some hop presence.

Southampton IPA
Southampton Publick House, New York USA
Style: American IPA
Alcohol By Volume: 6.5%
Southampton IPA is an English style amber ale with a unique character that comes from a special blend of five hop varieties and the use of imported english malts. This brew is very balanced, crisp, clean and refreshing.

Red Rocket Ale
Style: Bear Republic Brewing Healdsburg, California
Style: Red Ale
Alcohol By Volume: 6.8%
With its deep, dark brown-black color, thick, full-bodied, velvety-smooth mouth feel, mocha character, and, strong yet subtle hop bite, Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout is one of the thickest, richest, and most complex stouts on the market today. In 1990, it became their first gold medal winner, at the GABF. Barney Flats was judged so superior to the other stouts that no other medals were even awarded in its catagory. Silver Medal 2004 World Beer Cup Bronze Medal at the 2004 GABF.

Smuttynose Imperial Stout
Smuttynose Brewing Co. Portsmouth N.H USA
Style: Imperial Stout
Alcohol By Volume: 10%
Originally brewed in the early 19th century for export from Britain to the imperial court of Russia's Catherine the Great, imperial stouts are characterized by their dark color, full body and high alcoholic content. This style features a rich, malty sweetness coupled with aggressive hopping (especially in American interpretations). Notes of dried fuit as well as roasted malt flavors are typically present.

Weyerbacher Muse
Weyerbacher Brewing Co Easton, PA USA
Style: Farmhouse Ale
Alcohol By Volume: 6.2%
Muse, a Farmhouse Ale, is brewed "somewhat" in the tradition of the style, but it has Weyerbacher fingerprints all over it! Made with Pale malt, a little carapils, raw wheat and raw oats, this warm weather seasonal is dry and ever so slight. The wheat and oats makes the mouthfeel silky and light at the same time. Hopped with Styrian Goldings and finished with Saaz, this beer has a noticable hoppy dryness which makes it a fine thirst quencher, something the original Farmhouse Ales were intended to be, served to workers out in the fields on hot summer days as a restorative.

Endurance Pale Ale
Endurance Brewing Company
Style: American Pale Ale
Alcohol By Volume: ?
Pour created a slightly murky golden color body. An inch high white head quickly halved before staying for a minute or so. When held to light a moderate amount of carbonation bubbles can be seen. There is a light aroma of hops, but nothing spectacular. A slightly off taste of lemon. A second flavor of hops is very noticable. A nice bitter balance to the lemon sweet.

Avery Hog Heaven
Avery Brewing Company Boulder, Colorado
Style: American Barley wine Ale
Alcohol By Volume: 9.2 %
Color is a deep garnet. Medium body, creamy feel, slick and nicely hopped. Very fruity as well. The intense dry-hop nose and the alcohol content are perfectly balanced for a caramel candy-like malt finish.

Gouden Carolus Classic
Brouwerij Het Anker
Style: Belgian Strong Dark Ale
Alcohol By Volume: 8.5%
“The Emperor’s Beer” which is of guaranteed top fermentation and bottle conditioning following traditional methods. Gouden Carolus has unlimited storage (it even improves with age) and will charm you with its warm coppery colour and its rich bouquet. Ideally, serve at 8-10°C .

Enjoy Gouden Carolus Classic at leisure. The true connoisseur drinks it in small sips to enjoy it fully.

Brooklyn Antwerpen Ale
Booklyn Brewery, Brooklyn NY
Style: Belgian Ale
Alcohol By Volume: 5%
While many American beer aficionados enjoy Belgium’s strong specialty ales, we’ve also enjoyed Belgium’s excellent pale ales, on draft at every bar in Antwerp. Brooklyn Antwerpen Ale is our homage to those beers, which have spicy, floral aromatics and mild, biscuity flavors on the palate. Like the originals, we’ve brewed Brooklyn Antwerpen Ale from lightly caramelized European malts and fermented the beer with a special Belgian yeast at unusually high temperatures. After a few weeks of ageing, the beer is filtered and emerges bright amber. At a sessionable 5% by volume, this is a flavorful beer you can stick with for the evening.

Brother David's Double
Anderson Valley Brewing Booneville, California ..
Style: Double
Alcohol By Volume: 9%
The dark brown color hints at the round malty flavors to come. Rich dark-chocolate creaminess mingles with semi-sweet malt flavors and the light scent of banana and fruit esters, while faint hop notes hide in the background. A full-bodied strong beer, full flavored, and smooth in the extreme, this double is like a roasty malt milk shake. It is an essay in malt complexity and aromatic character. A portion of candy sugar used in this beer controls body and adds strength, and the toasted malts contribute a pleasant nutty flavor. D-LISCIOUS.

Duchesse De Bourgogne
Brouwerij Verhaeghe, Belgium
Style: Flanders Red Ale
Alcohol By Volume: 6.2%
Tart, tangy, gorgeous brew. Notes of sour cherry interlude to delicate oakiness.