Quantcast

Whatever happened to chi chi brake levers...

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
I imagine some of you haven't been in the sport long enough to remember this, but I loved all the cool anodized stuff when I was in HS. Grafton levers, Kooka Racha levers, does anybody else remember this stuff? My first MTB was a Cracknfail M300. I spent $500 on it and one of my first upgrades was a set of blue Kooka levers, there were awesome! I guess some of its impracticle, but people buy impracticle stuff all the time. Paul is still out there, Avid has theirs, I guess I'm not seeing to much else. Feel free to comment or throw up other suggestions.

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
But nothing beats the good-ole retro anno parts ;)

Try three sets of super bubbahs in blue ;) sexxiest hubs ever made, IMO! Sold one on the bay for 649.00

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
I don't remember chi chis but i've been into mtb's since '91. Back before i had a job i used to drool over those cnc-ano'd parts.

Now I have 2 Schwinn Homegrowns, 1 sparkly red and the other blue. I've been acquiring all those old parts for em here and there. I've got a set of blue Caramba cranks, red Paul's cnc derailleur, Ringle hubs and stem, Cook Bros. post, etc.

I still go nuts over colored ano stuff, as you can see in my current ride: