Quantcast

whatever happened to...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

And how long until these make a comeback and we all have to "upgrade" to the new standard...?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
K9ine bikes also fell off
I still have my K9ine Static handlebar, Controltech and Knine were the only wide bars I could find in 5deg backsweep.
I currently have a 9deg bar as I thought more backsweep was better for ergonomics but my hand still goes to sleep in no time at all. Going back to a 5deg sweep bar gets an extra 1" room in the cockpit which should help keep the front weighted on boring bits of trail.

Haven't seen Kodex stuff for a few years, the website works but I can't bring up any of their crazy 11deg sweep bars.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
I still have my K9ine Static handlebar, Controltech and Knine were the only wide bars I could find in 5deg backsweep.
I currently have a 9deg bar as I thought more backsweep was better for ergonomics but my hand still goes to sleep in no time at all. Going back to a 5deg sweep bar gets an extra 1" room in the cockpit which should help keep the front weighted on boring bits of trail.

Haven't seen Kodex stuff for a few years, the website works but I can't bring up any of their crazy 11deg sweep bars.
Ze Shermans have you covered. 12 and even 16° of craziness.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I keep reading "bent shock bolts" and thought of Karpiel! Weren't they supposed to come back in like 2005 or something I never saw or heard of their return.
Karpiel came back from 2007-2014 manufacturing their bikes in Poland. I was the US distributer during that time. Jan is currently working on another project, Gravity Coaster. He make make another return into the bike business once again, but who knows. Here is my 2012 Armageddon, I don't think more than 10-15 were ever produced. Quite a few of the newer Disco's were made from 2008-2014

IMG_40571.jpg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Ze Shermans have you covered. 12 and even 16° of craziness.
Yeeaaaahhhh no, I think I'm gonna go with an Antidode CandyRay, unless I can find something cheaper with a similar bend.

I have never been able to pronounce "Armageddon" normally after hearing this many many years ago-

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm blanking right now.... There was a track in Germany in probably the mid to late 00's... Big motorway style jump track. Cedric was still racing... Anyone remember the name?

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
I'm blanking right now.... There was a track in Germany in probably the mid to late 00's... Big motorway style jump track. Cedric was still racing... Anyone remember the name?
Williangham Germany, spelling?. Hosted a WC and the wheels of speed races.

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
Which leads me to my next inquiry....

What's Alex Rankin up to these days?
He should be up to something pretty damn good. Alex, if you ever read this, thank you for bringing a different style to MTB movies. The Earthed series were next level.

Does anyone remember how he was supposed to do the Peaty movie, then when it (finally) came out it was Clay Porter?... NTTAWWT, it was still pretty good actually

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
WSDS champs

WWW. WorldStaircaseDisabiltyScooterAssociation.com

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
God, only got through the first 5 minutes and it was basically a circle jerk about some guy called Max... Rankin's talents are wasted on this :(

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
God, only got through the first 5 minutes and it was basically a circle jerk about some guy called Max... Rankin's talents are wasted on this :(
Wow! And I thought I was a moany cunt

at least watch the whole thing before slating it.

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
Wow! And I thought I was a moany cunt

at least watch the whole thing before slating it.
You are a moany cunt... :thumb:

Watched some more, meh. These guys are obviously having fun, but it doesn't really translate into interesting footage IMO. And the constant talking head interviews don't help either. Would these guys be given the time of day if it weren't for the star power of Ratboy? Don't think so. :stosh:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
You are a moany cunt... :thumb:

Watched some more, meh. These guys are obviously having fun, but it doesn't really translate into interesting footage IMO. And the constant talking head interviews don't help either. Would these guys be given the time of day if it weren't for the star power of Ratboy? Don't think so. :stosh:
TBH, 50:1 chucks out some cool clips, but half their vids are a bit more bromantic and jibby than I prefer. And 300% more vegan too.

pizza diavola

Monkey
Dec 3, 2013
What ever happened to... Zapata Espinoza? I watched the Missy video posted earlier in the thread, saw him in it and thought, what happened that guy?

Edit: Wikipedia says he's current editor-in-chief of Road Bike Action Magazine

Edit #2: holy shit, that's four posts in one day. At this rate I will catch up to @jonKranked in 36 years (only if he stops posting now).

Last edited: