Quantcast

whatever happened to...

SkullCrack

Monkey
Sep 3, 2004
PNW
Did they not have some horrendous alignment issues?
Eating of bearings and idler pulley's rings a bell.

I always thought the ideas were good, but execution was a little soviet.
They were utter pieces of shit. I had a Marque that was nothing but problems. The most glaring of which was the linkage bottoming out on the frame before it reached full travel. It was also a boat anchor. DH frame weight for a 130mm travel bike.

The customer service was also dismal. Mostly consisting of finger-pointing and shrugs.

The bike did look good, I'll give them that.

Marque_Rear34.jpg

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
My experience as well. It was a fun bike though, the brief times it was actually rideable.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Did they not have some horrendous alignment issues?
Eating of bearings and idler pulley's rings a bell.

I always thought the ideas were good, but execution was a little soviet.
Soviets actually corrected their designs to account for their bad execution. So at least the shit didn't break or was fixable. The same can't be said for that bike.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Soviets actually corrected their designs to account for their bad execution. So at least the shit didn't break or was fixable. The same can't be said for that bike.
For those who have HBO,this week’s Real Sports did a story on a Mnt.Bike Family.

You all remember Years back that kid on a Kona that built a N.Shore stunt that was a Hampster wheel? He rode in,full rotate and roll out while being up high in the trees? Think it was in one of the Disoder films,not sure which one? The Story is actually about his badass sissy,who is makin 250 K a year riding her Bike. Don’t want to spoil the story for you,think I’ll stop.

Avy

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Lets ask @HardtailHack his thoughts on Corsair. :popcorn:
Haha, I still have mine.

I would have loved a BlackMarket Roam but Pablo was involved and because of that they had the same stack height on every size, freakin' dumb! They probably had a bunch of Corsair headtubes left over.
rOAM.jpg

Last edited:

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
I had a roam.

If the corsairs had all the right ingredients, but never went into the oven, so just a ball of dough, the roam was half baked at best.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
For those who have HBO,this week’s Real Sports did a story on a Mnt.Bike Family.

You all remember Years back that kid on a Kona that built a N.Shore stunt that was a Hampster wheel? He rode in,full rotate and roll out while being up high in the trees? Think it was in one of the Disoder films,not sure which one? The Story is actually about his badass sissy,who is makin 250 K a year riding her Bike. Don’t want to spoil the story for you,think I’ll stop.

Avy
The mean the kid who flew the chopper full of weed across the border into the US, then suspiciously died while in custody?

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
I had a roam.

If the corsairs had all the right ingredients, but never went into the oven, so just a ball of dough, the roam was half baked at best.
@buckoW - now that I think about it; I think you helped me find a custom 44/55 angled headset for the Roam, since (a) it had to be 1mm different than anything else and (b) they never made the promised headset or extra dropouts that were supposed to be included with the frame in the first place. Thanks dude!

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
@buckoW - now that I think about it; I think you helped me find a custom 44/55 angled headset for the Roam, since (a) it had to be 1mm different than anything else and (b) they never made the promised headset or extra dropouts that were supposed to be included with the frame in the first place. Thanks dude!
Sweet! You’re welcome.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
The mean the kid who flew the chopper full of weed across the border into the US, then suspiciously died while in custody?
I heard he Hung himself in jail shortly after being arrested with his bedsheet? Are you talking like Mr.Epstein questions or what?

Avy

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
What was wrong with the roam?
well, the geo table was wrong, a bunch of parts that were supposed to be included with the frame never materialized, and it was quite progressive w/ a 7.87x2.25 shock. It rode more like 140mm in practice.

I mean, it rode well if you wanted a 26” wheel trail/dj/4x hybrid, but it fell way short of what was claimed at launch, so I view it as half baked.

And of course, there was a reason for all of that… black market went out of business around this time, likely from all the investment (3years of development) that went into the Roam.

June 2013

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
What did you Monkey’s do to make Acadian leave? 2015 since he was here? Where did he go? Nice Guy,I met him a few times while riding. I went back in time but did not read anything that was a tiff.

Avy

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I have no idea how I had this flashback, but there was a guy on here possibly named Dave. He was at Creek years ago and was part of Hcor.net too. Hung out with PSP, but I think they went their own ways. He lived in NYC and possibly Latino/Philipino. I can't remember his screen name. I think he was a photographer? Anyone remember that guy?

Also, huck bonsai?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I have no idea how I had this flashback, but there was a guy on here possibly named Dave. He was at Creek years ago and was part of Hcor.net too. Hung out with PSP, but I think they went their own ways. He lived in NYC and possibly Latino/Philipino. I can't remember his screen name. I think he was a photographer? Anyone remember that guy?

Also, huck bonsai?
Tufino.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Also, huck bonsai?
huck is living in the Seattle area and is riding the largest size geometron that Nicolai makes. he's very happy to have a bike that finally fits.

he sold me his avalanche woodie from his dh bike last year. I still need to get it revalved.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
They can be very fun and expensive. Look like he is racing them?
Trying to design them as well... :D

It's interesting to see him super active like he used to be on here in regards to bike suspension design. Maybe all the legal stuff with Giant and early growing pains with Evil has soured DW on the bike industry? Dude sure has some passion for tiny cars these days!

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Which forum? I've been rc nerding out myself lately.
Yeah! Link or it didn't happen :)

I used to race them as a kid. Tracks are hard to find around my neck of the woods. That was always a filter factor.

Although I did see someone spray painted "NO RC CARS" on all the asphalt corners of the local BMX track! :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah! Link or it didn't happen :)

I used to race them as a kid. Tracks are hard to find around my neck of the woods. That was always a filter factor.

Although I did see someone spray painted "NO RC CARS" on all the asphalt corners of the local BMX track! :)
We had drunken persuit races on a flat oval RC track at monkeyfest one year. Had to be more fun that little cars.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I built an RC track in our side yard at the start of covid and was running 1/12-1/14 scale on it, but just demo'd that for a landscape remodel. Now I'm running 1/8 in the open space behind our house. There is a 1/10 indoor track about 30 minutes from me I may go check out over winter break.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Trying to design them as well... :D

It's interesting to see him super active like he used to be on here in regards to bike suspension design. Maybe all the legal stuff with Giant and early growing pains with Evil has soured DW on the bike industry? Dude sure has some passion for tiny cars these days!
Trust seems to be the latest adventure. Seems like he’s dabbled in a few different industries. Have seen mention of moto, maybe playing with eMoto/Cake, and RC… iirc, he’s been into them going way back. Good to hear he’s doing alright.