Quantcast

What's a good inexpensive trainer?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Well I got enough bikes to use one of these. I have a DJ/4x, a XC/FR'ish full suspension and my DH bike. I'd like to look into getting a trainer that mounts on the rear wheel and such. I don't want to spend alot of money though as I've never done this before so just something to get me started on it. I'd buy a road bike but I can't justify having 4 bikes. LOL that's too many for me.

So any suggestions on a trainer (or are rollers better)? I'd need something that could use atleast a 2.1 tire out back. I could always mount a semi-slick on the back rim and go from there. That'd be on my full suspension bike. If I come across a cheap road bike I might pick one up if it'll help me with that department. I'd love to be able to spend 30 minutes on a trainer than 30 minutes walking on the retarded treadmill. It gets boring after a while.

So any ideas?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Check out greenfishsports.com - I recently got the Minoura 850 (no remote) for $109... by far the best deal I could find on a decent trainer. That one is a tire drive model, so you'll definitely want to run a slick. You can get a rim drive model, but it will be more expensive (about $50 more).

I'm very happy with the trainer and I use it waaaaay more than I thought I would.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Spunger said:
I'd buy a road bike but I can't justify having 4 bikes. LOL that's too many for me.
What do you mean too many?!?!?! :nope: Obviously, you are not aware of this famous theorum:

The correct number of bikes to own is N+1. Where N represents the current number of bikes you own.