Quantcast

whats a good xc saddle?

outdoornut

Chimp
Sep 7, 2005
I'm not sure how the Rocket Pro is however I really like my WTB Lazer. I've ordered one for my son's bike also.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
everyone has different preferences.. i happen to like the wtb laser more than the rocket.. i recently picked up a WTB Pure saddle and so far its been great

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
SkaredShtles said:
The one that feels best to your azz. :D

Seriously - saddles are a complete crapshoot. My barcalounger might be your iron maiden.

How true! I recently acquired a 20 year old Road bike, and was immediatly going to swap the saddle but, ended up doing a ride on the old selle san marco it came with and was amazed how good it felt, the best advice to to ride as many different saddles before you buy...

J

JRB

I like both Selle Italia Flite Trans Ams and WTB Rocket Vs. I am riding a SDG Bel Air on my trail bike and like it a lot.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
SkaredShtles said:
My barcalounger might be your iron maiden.
loco said:
I like both Selle Italia Flite Trans Ams and WTB Rocket Vs
and i thought that the time i tried out the selle italia flite trans ams caused some permanent damage to my girly parts. everyone is different. borrow a bunch of saddles from your friends and see what you liked the best.

J

JRB

amydalayna said:
and i thought that the time i tried out the selle italia flite trans ams caused some permanent damage to my girly parts. everyone is different. borrow a bunch of saddles from your friends and see what you liked the best.
I agree with that. I had ridden the Max Trans Am for a bit and started hating it. Julie rides the Trans Am Lady, and loves it.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
i have a wtb sattle i dont know exactly what one it is, but i know that is isnt a high end one. I find my butt doesnt really hurt after riding so the sattle is good. If the one you are talking about is reasonably expensive or high end then i cant immagine that it would be more uncomfterble than the one i have.

kona_arthur

Chimp
Feb 28, 2006
Whistler, BC. Canada
I've three different bikes with three different saddles for different kinds of riding. On my XC - WTB, Hardtail - SDG, DH - Tioga...
It all really depends on what's comfortble for you...

Muuqi

Monkey
Oct 11, 2005
Ashland Oregon
I've had good luck with WTB saddles. . .but I've got a Fizik Arione (road) saddle on my SS and I absolutely love it. THE has some cool looking new saddles too. . .