Quantcast

Whats better than an AVY!

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
7,536
20
Montana
From what he told me.... he loves it. PM him. He will tell you everything you need to know. I had one on order and decided to just use my DHS again.
 

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
2,030
0
Phoenix, Az USA
sirknight6 said:
Ordering my 1st Avy next monday!...

Still haven't decided on the Montie, or the DHS....
get one of the piggy backs, still find it hard to believe that you need such a honker remote for MTB.

when it's so big that small children cry, it's too big.
 

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
7,596
0
Shut up and ride...
Jimmy_Pop said:
get one of the piggy backs, still find it hard to believe that you need such a honker remote for MTB.

when it's so big that small children cry, it's too big.

yeah, but the piggy back won't fit my frame. :(
 

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
7,596
0
Shut up and ride...
Frame constrainst, the piggy back would hit the frame.

Although I tried a 5th element on it with out the springs and couldn't see where it hit when mounted with the resi at the bottom...:think:

I'm so on the fence with this one.
 

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
3,254
0
South East Asia
sirknight6 said:
Frame constrainst, the piggy back would hit the frame.

Although I tried a 5th element on it with out the springs and couldn't see where it hit when mounted with the resi at the bottom...:think:

I'm so on the fence with this one.
...but what is your concern considering the DHS ?
 

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
5,100
0
Sand, CA
thats right i am awesome.

i also had this name before avy started using it....
 

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
3,254
0
South East Asia
I have tons of stickers, clothing, a DHS and a MTN-8..... only own one bike so cant really justify more Avy products for the moment.
 

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
7,596
0
Shut up and ride...
DHS said:
Duuuuuuuuudeee

thank you soooo much, my other folding tool is well. done.
I had a tough time figuring out what to get soemone who has 3 Avy's...:p

I know that everyone can use a good multi-tool!

Merry Xmas :thumb:
 

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
595
0
Isla Vista, CA
sirknight6 said:
Ordering my 1st Avy next monday!...

Still haven't decided on the Montie, or the DHS....
On Avalanche's Ebay store, they're doing a 10% off sale on all avy shocks. DHS'es are $540, and Monotubes are $360.
 

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
595
0
Isla Vista, CA
seismic said:
...but what is your concern considering the DHS ?
I had to do a little fancy footwork to get the DHS into my disco - in some frames, the brass fitting for the hose touches the frame when you go through a certain amount of travel. Because of this, I have to run my disco in the 9" travel setting, so I get the most distance between the elbow and the tube. SirKnight's frame may have the same problem.
 

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
3,254
0
South East Asia
Thrillkil said:
I had to do a little fancy footwork to get the DHS into my disco - in some frames, the brass fitting for the hose touches the frame when you go through a certain amount of travel. Because of this, I have to run my disco in the 9" travel setting, so I get the most distance between the elbow and the tube. SirKnight's frame may have the same problem.
Just curious...picture??
 

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
661
11
PA
My collection includes 4 avy forks (mtn-8, dhf-8, dhf-8ti, dhf-mt) and 2 dhs shocks. :cool: