Quantcast

Whats better than an AVY!

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
kidwoo said:
That was an actual question..........avy and romic springs are compatible right?

I want a black (ninja colored) spring for a romic.

It was a joke. I would always run a Ti spring now. I did order a ninja colored spring though for my wifes Avy because they dont make the right weight for her in a Ti.

Yes, the Avy and Romic springs are the same.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Thrillkil said:
I recommend Mavic 321's

yeah, thats what I got in the back, but I have a 219 up front...

yeah, I'm stoked over the shock. I do have to say that Craig is the sh!t. In this industry, he dos take his time with stuff, and you never feel like your rushed. And the fact that its such personal involvement with detail puts ones mife to ease......

Do I have to put the Avy cult memeber thing now on my sig? :think:

:p

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Thrillkil said:
On Avalanche's Ebay store, they're doing a 10% off sale on all avy shocks. DHS'es are $540, and Monotubes are $360.
BTW, dude, I owe you big for the tip, thats where I bought the shock.....beers your way! Cheers! :thumb:

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
sirknight6 said:
BTW, dude, I owe you big for the tip, thats where I bought the shock.....beers your way! Cheers! :thumb:
it gets better - for a while, they were building and custom valving shocks out of spare parts lying around the shop. I ended up with a basically new DHS with a full warranty for $399

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
Thrillkil said:
My most conservative estimate is 55 pounds. That fork alone weighs 15

Yeah...the fork is heavy, but I think the bike looks good (yeah, yeah I know....but I happen to like that kind of bikes:mumble: )....:)

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ive never ridden a bike over 50 pounds. My buddy had a Banshee built really heavy and it felt pretty good. Every bike Ive ever built up weighs 40-45. Im hoping my 06 Fly comes in under 40lbs.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
bullcrew said:
aaahhh!my rm7 is 38.5 with an avy and my bullit is on track for 41 with an avy and an s8 fork.
AAAAAAHHHAAAAHHHAAAAHAAHAAA! :D
I AM A WEIGHT WEINER GOD!
When I rebuild my Nuke, I'll be impressed if I hit 45lbs.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
If not racing and just having funn I think it is ok with a heavy bike - however, I have to admit that I am trying to shave some weight off the bike too....

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
seismic said:
If not racing and just having funn I think it is ok with a heavy bike - however, I have to admit that I am trying to shave some weight off the bike too....
Start by getting rid of your boat-anchor fork and shock. ;)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
OK weights of a dhx fox with spring and ol vs. avy of same size with spring and oil.
Or
shocks side by side minus springs.
AVY's are not that heavy minus the spring and craigs weight is based on a shock full of oil and spring ready to ride not like fox who weighs them with no oil and spring. A fox comes within 3/4 - 1 oz of an avy when ready to ride.