Quantcast

whats coming up from TLD Thread

vinny4130

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
albuquerque
i wish my helmet bag would say that everytime i opened it.
someone asking "hey, ready to go get some practice runs in?"
my helmet bag upon opening "lightning bolt!"
say nothing get on bike siht just got real:D

what's with the homeless guy, he looks cold someone should give him a helmet.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Good morning haters!
Media was under strict instruction to not leak any images until we officially launch the helmet next wednesday, the 23rd, with all the details...but, as we consistently learn, you can't trust anyone.
So, come wednesday you will have tons of photos, video, info, specs.
P.S. Troys is not one of our color options, he did that for himself.

Damn the internet leaks!
So what if you spent a boatload of time and effort trying to do your job Stik. The internetz cares not for these things. It merely does as it pleases.

Come to think of it...the internet sounds a lot like a mob. :think:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I think the black one looks great. I gotta get one. My trail helmet is about 7 years old with dents in it and provides about as much protection as a sheet of notebook paper taped to my head.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
We get it. Troy lee does a few crazy Limited edition designs for all of their products that the majority of Keyboard riders will complain about on their favorite internet trails. But they always release more subdued patterns and colors for riders (like myself) that are looking for more subtle outfits while still having the features and tech of the crazy "colorways." I think the helmet looks like a home run, and the 165 price point means it will most likely be my next trail helmet.

Stik, If I don't have a bike shop locally that is a TLD dealer can Moto shops get the helmet?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I think the helmet looks like a home run, and the 165 price point means it will most likely be my next trail helmet.
So what makes it superior to a $100 661 Recon, $90 Giro Feature, $110 Fox Flux??? Serious question as I want to understand how you can make a buying decision from a picture based on something else then appearance? :confused:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
So what makes it superior to a $100 661 Recon, $90 Giro Feature, $110 Fox Flux??? Serious question as I want to understand how you can make a buying decision from a picture based on something else then appearance? :confused:
You are right, it is a gamble without seeing it first. But IMO, based on their past offerings, you would expect a decent difference in quality. I know that the D3 is a helluva lot better helmet than say my 661 evolution. Higher quality materials, a better fit, better protection and of course looks and shape which are subjective. Now I don't own a D3 yet because of the price, but I need a trail helmet right now bad, and paying $65 more for a Troy Lee does not sound like a bad deal considering I think it is better looking and assuming that the quality is there as well based on their history.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I'm basing my decision on past experiences with all of those companies. I've owned 661, Fox, and TLD products and the only ones I still own are the TLD products(even some riding gear that was 1-2 years older than the 661 and Fox). I did own a Fox Flux and it had the shortest life span of any helmet I've ever owned. I think I paid 75-80 for the Flux so I wasn't too upset, my current XC/Trail helmet is a Specialized S-works and it cost me about 170 but I'm about to go on my 4th year with the helmet and it's been the best I've ever owned, just wish it had a little moar coverage.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
You are right, it is a gamble without seeing it first. But IMO, based on their past offerings, you would expect a decent difference in quality. I know that the D3 is a helluva lot better helmet than say my 661 evolution. Higher quality materials, a better fit, better protection and of course looks and shape which are subjective. Now I don't own a D3 yet because of the price, but I need a trail helmet right now bad, and paying $65 more for a Troy Lee does not sound like a bad deal considering I think it is better looking and assuming that the quality is there as well based on their history.
I think I got a mild concussion just looking at your trail helmet.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
100% agreed. That thing is horrendous.
What is it with Euro helmet designers? TLD has been setting the bar for like 15 years and yet they still can't seem to figure out how to rip off a proper looking design? China would have had 6 models for sale before the Troy's paint dried.

If I wanted to look like that guy I'd go to the nearest Taipei scooter shop and spend $30 on a helmet and some sweet Steve Mcqueen era moto goggles and still come out ahead.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
What is it with Euro helmet designers? TLD has been setting the bar for like 15 years and yet they still can't seem to figure out how to rip off a proper looking design? China would have had 6 models for sale before the Troy's paint dried.

If I wanted to look like that guy I'd go to the nearest Taipei scooter shop and spend $30 on a helmet and some sweet Steve Mcqueen era moto goggles and still come out ahead.

I now have the tremendous desire to be launched out of a circus cannon with a chimp and some cotton candy.