Quantcast

whats coming up from TLD Thread

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Gwin wanted silver leaf on his name...but we ran a bit behind with supercross helmets for this weekend and a ton of NASCAR helmets we did (yes, new D3 Pit helmets that enduro goons would love, but I need more than 20 people in the world screaming for them to ramp up production) and Gwin wanted to get the helmet done, so I asked Jay to just do something quick and easy to finish it up, he added that striping and red metal flake for the name, we were both stoked!

StyledAirtime

Monkey
May 24, 2006
NewZealand
its a great looking lid. Im a big fan of the satin matte blue you used for one of Brandons lids. but this looks cool aswell.
I like how the Redbull helmet style has evolved over the years. I remember the first one I saw was Vanessa Quinns at a NZ national round. the classic blue and silver lid.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Just landed. Fit is perfect and I can see the medium/large fitting a wide range of melons with all the adjustments. Its comfortable and really hugs your head. It hardly even moves on your head even when unstrapped. I will slide around in the mud on it tomorrow for a proper test.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Stik, Ferrari pit crew are wearing D2 open face lids - but you don't sell them anymore?
Yes, we still do them and we just started doing a D3 pit helmet, would be great for #enduro, but I have no interest in seeing them on bike people.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2007
Having a visor on while skiing just sounds like a bad idea....like ice skating with a bottle in your back pocket.
In Colorado we get lots of sunny days at high altitude so a visor to keep that off your face makes a lot of sense. Lots of big mountain rippers around here run D2/D3s full face.

landcruiser

Monkey
May 9, 2002
San Jose, CA
I love my D2 open face for skiing. Been using it for the last 3 seasons without issue. Meant to pick up a spare but wasn't fast enough before they all disappeared.

Visor on the open face is short enough that it doesn't catch too much wind unless I look up too much. Can't imagine any other problems you'd be worried about with it.

dylan s

Chimp
Jan 16, 2010
+1 to bring back the d2 open face. Been searching for one for years with no luck. I run one of my old full faces with the face thing cut off for dj's and trail rides when its cold.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Dear small minded ones. In our region, "ICE" skiing is more the norm, which means you bust your rear alot here if you're trying new things or pushing. Narrow, overcrowded and icey.

Having an expensive helmet with a paint matched visor just sounds like a snapped visor waiting to happen, hence the "ice skating with a bottle in your back pocket" reference.

Ever buhddee up tuh speed now yall?

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
Dear small minded ones. In our region, "ICE" skiing is more the norm, ...
Who's imagining everyone rides on ice? :D
Even when I did snowboard in lower MI (plenty of man-made ice), I didn't fall on my face that much. You must be doing it wrong.

Last edited:

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Resurrecting this thread.

I'm in the market for a new lid, and contemplating another D3. Does anyone know if the paint jobs are going to be updated soon - kinda looks like it by all the clearance sales and limited availability at the moment (at least in the UK that is) ?

Also, just wanted to find out whether the D3's XL cheekpads and liner will fit inside the L shell?

Last edited:

Josef

Monkey
Apr 17, 2013

I'm in the market for a new lid, and contemplating another D3. Does anyone know if the paint jobs are going to be updated soon - kinda looks like it by all the clearance sales and limited availability at the moment (at least in the UK that is) ?

Also, just wanted to find out whether the D3's XL cheekpads and liner will fit inside the L shell?
They have already been updated for 2014 so no. The xl and xxl have the same shell while the s/m/l have the same shell. So no the xl cheek pads and liner wont fit in the large shell.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Skiing in NC...it is a hockey rink. A chunky, frozen, icy mess most times.

I rode one day where the plow had busted up so much ice, it was like riding a baby head rock garden. Wolf Laurel in late February is just plain nasty.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Just landed. Fit is perfect and I can see the medium/large fitting a wide range of melons with all the adjustments. Its comfortable and really hugs your head. It hardly even moves on your head even when unstrapped. I will slide around in the mud on it tomorrow for a proper test.

Made the mistake of trying on an A1.

Fits my way better than my Trabec.

I'm not fast enough for the paint scheme though.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
2014 helmet collection released yesterday, started shipping to dealers yesterday
http://www.troyleedesigns.com/bicycle/helmets