Quantcast

what's glen allen like?

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
looking at a potential job opp down there. don't know much about the west end other than that pet shop boys song.

is it total suburbs? big mike, relate it to something in NOVA and i'll be happy.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
looking at a potential job opp down there. don't know much about the west end other than that pet shop boys song.

is it total suburbs? big mike, relate it to something in NOVA and i'll be happy.
That is where I live. Yeah it is pretty much total suburbs. Cool thing is it easy access to anywhere in the city. I can be on 64 going east or west or 95 going north or south in about 5 minutes. Wintergreen is about 1 3/4 hours and snowshoe is about 3 1/2 hours.

BAXTER

Monkey
Jun 25, 2005
THE BURG but missing BOSTON
It's horrible suburban sprawl. If you dig Tysons and the sh!tluck traffic that goes along you will love it! Stay up north. All the dirt jumps and cool trails get destroyed by a man who claims to " be one of us." Can you tell how much I love Richmond? Good luck but don't say I didin't warn you. I think it was about a year ago we had quite an adventure(Rays). You going this year?

Nov 3, 2003
Virginia
Not a bad place to live, good place to raise a family, schools are good...most folks in my neighborhood are stuck-up a-holes though.
Some pretty good cross-country places to ride...but it's getting crowded like NOVA when it comes to traffic.
You can be riding in the mountains in an hour, Snowshoe in 3.5.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
I grew up with a Glen Allen address but I really lived closer to Montpelier on 5 acres. Commuting in Richmond isn't that bad. If you're a city person then the Fan is only a 20 minute drive to Glen Allen. If you're a country person then western Hanover/Goochland is about 15 minutes away. Yes, most of Glen Allen is subburbs but the city/country is an easy commute.

Also you can get a helluva big house in Richmond for the amount you pay for a postage stamp in NOVA.