Quantcast

What's going on with Iron Horse?

CarlE

Monkey
Jan 7, 2008
Long Island, NY
What does all this mean for people who own Sunday's now? Is IH going to be able to support them with replacement parts in the future? I was hoping to pick up a Sunday this year but this has thrown a wrench into my plans. I guess I'll be stuck on my Demo for another season.

Funny thing is the shop keeps telling me IH will have the DW-link till 2010.

Post some spy photos of the new ones ASAP.
We will continue to support our bikes through their warranty period and beyond. Even when we stop producing them we'll still be able to order more replacement parts, pivot kits for example, for many years to come. A good example of this is the SGS, it used specialized's FSR linkage and we still stock pivot kits for them.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
UK distributors are adamant that Iron Horse will have DW link right up to and including 2010.
Funny I talked with Martin from Jim Walker (the UK distributor) yesterday and he seemed to know exactly what is going on. I'm sure that everyone will get their signals straight at some point. These things understandably can take some time. Barring some unforseen event, there will be no 2010 dw-linked Iron Horses.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
yeah, not even close. The dude with the cat from Inspector Gadget might have been excusable but the Don is way off the mark by a couple decades.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
What does all this mean for people who own Sunday's now? Is IH going to be able to support them with replacement parts in the future? I was hoping to pick up a Sunday this year but this has thrown a wrench into my plans. I guess I'll be stuck on my Demo for another season.

Funny thing is the shop keeps telling me IH will have the DW-link till 2010.

Post some spy photos of the new ones ASAP.
Relax! like this thread says, IH will have the DW Link until the end of 2008, so there will be a 2009 model year.

So no worries until the end of 2009..... and then i am stocked to see the 2010 Sundays with whatever kind of suspension design.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
holy jaysus....
hehe...

The Sunday is a very interesting frame. It´s like a succefully marketed brand. Confusion among users is probebly a lot about the identity of the frame, which is about two parts; the DW-linkage and Sam Hill. Now, one part of this identity is leaving - big confusion.
I guess it´s like what just have been said, it´s just a model that´s coming to an end like other manufacturers models. So, no worries, time is now, ride and enjoy. It will eventually brake down, and we will all be looking at new bikes.