Quantcast

What's going on with Iron Horse?

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
First no more DW link & now I read in Decline that Todd Seplavy has left the company. (maybe that's old news, I don't know)

Any news, facts, rumors, innuendo?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
easy come easy go.

maybe they have some super secret stuff in the stockpile to amaze us all. maybe they found the DH world aint so profitable as the mass mfg market IH is hitting at performancebike.com.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I am the reason why Todd left. After the production of his second child I offered him a full time job. No free bike parts but he always leaves work with a smile on his face.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Where exactly is this is on Decline's website?

EDIT: Whoops - nevermind, thought it was on the website - I don't have the current issue, so it's actually in there?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Really?

Interesting.

So.... ummm - yeah.

Todd has not been with I.H. for some time now. It's a pity (for I.H.) that this had to happen, but he's a great guy and someone I consider a friend. He always goes the extra mile - there were a lot of things that he helped me with that he didn't really have to and for that I am always greatful. The relationship I have with he and Dante were the two reasons that I wanted to help out Iron Horse in the first place. .

But, Todd is definitely going to come out of this doin' fine.

:biggrin:

My thoughts on Todd and the guys I know at Iron Horse from the "Sunday Thread":

...It started out with a love for DH and then I got a Sunday. Since the guys (in CS and Sales) who work at I.H. also race - I've come to know them from local races at Diablo here in New Jersey and have found them to be some of the coolest guys to hang out with. From there it just made sense to help out - why wouldn't you want to work with people that are mature, friendly, and easy-going especially if they share the same passions that you do?

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
we would then see everyone on the new session 8.
didn' t your ride a sunday last year too:busted:

Come On boys, let's see what IH will come up with... it' s too early to decide which frame will be the one for 09.

Even if Sam leaves, there is still another gun from good old britain, who will rock a sunday......

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
didn' t your ride a sunday last year too:busted:

Come On boys, let's see what IH will come up with... it' s too early to decide which frame will be the one for 09.

Even if Sam leaves, there is still another gun from good old britain, who will rock a sunday......
yes i did, i like to have the chance to ride lots of bikes.

if i were a fanboy, wouldnt i still have it? :busted:

seth505

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
CA
for the love of god, I can't stand how the success/popularity of the Sunday frame is synonomous with Sam Hill riding one. How about the fact (yes I said FACT) that Dave produced a bike that is a top performer? That reason isn't valid with people since it makes sense, the reason has to be that Sam was riding one. Funny, a pair of handlebars with holes drilled all through it to save 3g (but will kill you) is probably more credible for people overall in these wacky times we live in.

Todd is a bad mammajamma

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
for the love of god, I can't stand how the success/popularity of the Sunday frame is synonomous with Sam Hill riding one. How about the fact (yes I said FACT) that Dave produced a bike that is a top performer? That reason isn't valid with people since it makes sense, the reason has to be that Sam was riding one. Funny, a pair of handlebars with holes drilled all through it to save 3g (but will kill you) is probably more credible for people overall in these wacky times we live in.

Todd is a bad mammajamma
Preach on brother and let the player haters hate.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Funny, a pair of handlebars with holes drilled all through it to save 3g (but will kill you)

**** dude thats a sweet idea! best part is it can remain super secret if you do it only under your grips, AND it wont clog with mud. :clapping:

Big ups to Todd for all he had done at IH over the past several years!

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
**** dude thats a sweet idea! best part is it can remain super secret if you do it only under your grips, AND it wont clog with mud. :clapping:

Big ups to Todd for all he had done at IH over the past several years!
but could you still run them upside down ?

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
So i've got a question for all you Iron Horse nuts out there. I've heard before that the dw link is nearing its end but is this not the linkage design that the sunday has? So does this mean no more sunday as we see it today?

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
So i've got a question for all you Iron Horse nuts out there. I've heard before that the dw link is nearing its end but is this not the linkage design that the sunday has? So does this mean no more sunday as we see it today?
they'll probably nudge a pivot point just enough to avoid patent infringement, coin a new suspension design name & be done. and it'll most likely give up little to nothing in comparison to the current design. there's lots of non dw short-link 4-bar designs out there that work great.