Quantcast

What's happening to Ridemonkey?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Well, since the moderator hasn't responded to me to offer some help, I'll ask the peanut gallery.

For a couple weeks now since things started changing, I have not received any email notifications of thread updates or PM's, even though my personal settings show me as subscribed and my email server is NOT blocking anything fromthe ridemonkey.com extensions. So what gives?

Also, I've accidentally been doing a lot of duplicate posting b/c when I reply to a thread, the progress bar just hangs and doesn't do anything...so I hit "Submit" again and I get a duplicate. I've noticed a lot of other users doing the same too. Something in my settings? or something needing tweaked on the site?

And who else besides me is perturbed by the 100 letter limit in signatures. Yeah, my signature is kinda loud, but yours can be too. I tried to change my sig but I'd have to ditch all the links to my sponsors and stuff?

not trying to cause a riot...please don't ban me o mighty Oracle...:)

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
yea same posting things happening to me. i pmed the RM god. no response was given. hope all is ok.
(thanks for writing it out for me)

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
bizutch said:
Also, I've accidentally been doing a lot of duplicate posting b/c when I reply to a thread, the progress bar just hangs and doesn't do anything...so I hit "Submit" again and I get a duplicate.
same has been happening for me the last couple weeks......the screen hangs and i opened another session and see that the thread was updated.....

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
bizutch said:
Also, I've accidentally been doing a lot of duplicate posting b/c when I reply to a thread, the progress bar just hangs and doesn't do anything...so I hit "Submit" again and I get a duplicate. I've noticed a lot of other users doing the same too. Something in my settings? or something needing tweaked on the site?
A work around for the hanging / duplicate posting error, is after it hangs for a short period after clicking on "Submit Reply" click on the posting link at the top of the page, and it will take you right to your post. Even though the forum appears to be hanging, it posts your reply almost instantly.

renegade999

Monkey
Jan 6, 2005
i say stay off the internet, get some work done and give it a rest with long 'sponsor shout-out' signatures. no one cares who you ride for.

it's all good in my book.

Jabuttri

Monkey
Sep 16, 2005
Bellingham & Portland
renegade999 said:
i say stay off the internet, get some work done and give it a rest with long 'sponsor shout-out' signatures. no one cares who you ride for.

it's all good in my book.
AMEN- enough with the sponsor coddling. We dont care who you ride for

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I have also noticed these changes as well as an annoying (but perhaps inevitable) increase in pop-ups and other ads. Since a lot of links on here come up as pop-ups, using a pop-up blocker doesn't really help.

The hang time on submitting posts is also a pain. I've noticed, however, that if you hit the back button after hitting submit, then refresh the page, my posts are getting through without waiting for the full hang time. It's still a hassle but at least it's faster.

Edit, just did that and it worked.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I just want the buttons and smileys to work, currently they dont for my main system. (using firefox)

But I dont pay so what do i have to complain about right?

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
bizutch said:
And who else besides me is perturbed by the 100 letter limit in signatures. Yeah, my signature is kinda loud, but yours can be too. I tried to change my sig but I'd have to ditch all the links to my sponsors and stuff?
I love that idea! I hate scrolling through excessive sponsor reach-arounds and member's spam.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...everytime I send a PM it hangs up and then gives me the "Cannot Find Server" page...

Same thing with posting threads... only works if I hit "Refresh" during spazzy progress bar antics...

AND - it gives me sh!t when I try to logout... WTF???

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
oly said:
I just want the buttons and smileys to work, currently they dont for my main system. (using firefox)

But I dont pay so what do i have to complain about right?
Well, you read the adds --> RM gets cash anyhow. Does it even work for the Premium members?

My main problem is that with the new engine, nothing besides basic forum functions is working now.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Well........I posted one of those "ridemonkey doesn't work" threads. I'm on Firefox. Replys sorta stall out but seem to go through, the search function is retarded, I get only 1 pop up a visit (which is ok), my font switches from small to normal every now and then, I get no emails about posts that I am subscribed to, I get no warning of PM's except for when I log on, sometimes peoples avatars don't show up just text.

I dunno, hopefully it's either a bug with firefox users or it's a glitch somewher in the message boards. I'm sure Ridemonkey is aware of it all as these posts are popping up everywhere.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
also, the tonic young and stupid exteme sports insurance add expands to cover the top of the latest posts bar and then when it goes back into its little window, you still cant see the post headings underneath. it's just white screen. not cool.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
I have no idea what you guys are saying about the double posts? J/K I'm sure the bugs will be fixed. But it sure is a pain now with no email notification on subscribed posts and Pm's!

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
My computer will actually lock up and I have to turn it off. Some of the adds and pics show up as red Xs. I want my old monkey. The new monkey rocks.... when it works. Kind of like a Romic. :) Hopefully this wont last long.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Guys, there have been a zillion threads on this, and I've answered a zillion times. We're obviously aware of the problem, and are working to resolve it. Please be patient.