Quantcast

What's in the bag?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I saw the Trans Provence footage and noticed everyone was wearing big packs. Does anyone know why or what about the format would require that? I'm assuming it's more than some food, water and a few tools.

Trans Provence Day 1 on Vimeo

alpine slug

Monkey
Jun 10, 2011
extra layers for colder temps at altitude, extra layers for rain/snow/sleet. I've done alpine rides where I was wearing thin single layers for the climb and added a layer or two + warmer gloves for the descent. think of it like backcountry skiing where you wear minimal layers for the skin uphill, and then layer up for the descent.

and depending on how long the stage... food. kinda tough to ride for 5 hours with just goo packs unless you want an unruly GI track, GI cramping, etc.

those are my guesses. maybe it's just for looks.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
extra layers for colder temps at altitude, extra layers for rain/snow/sleet. I've done alpine rides where I was wearing thin single layers for the climb and added a layer or two + warmer gloves for the descent. think of it like backcountry skiing where you wear minimal layers for the skin uphill, and then layer up for the descent.

and depending on how long the stage... food. kinda tough to ride for 5 hours with just goo packs unless you want an unruly GI track, GI cramping, etc.

those are my guesses. maybe it's just for looks.
Gotcha, that makes sense.