Quantcast

What's in your Bug Out Bag (BOB)

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Bug Out Bag

A bag, kit, or vest that a person carries on or near their person, in the event of a natural disaster, civil uprising, war, or any other event that dictates that you leave the area ASAP. These bags typically contain survival gear, food, water, weapons, etc.

When the riots started, I grabbed my bug out bag, and hit the road.

-Source Urban Dictionary

I've my emergency kit for 3 days but no Bug Out Bag. What's in yours?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
A Leatherman, 250 rds. ea of appropriate ammo (9 mm., .45 12 ga and 5.56) Hoppes #9, 5 gallons of water, Easy Mac and a titanium spoon from REI. You never know what horrors you will experince after Armageddon.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I was thinking that paper money will be useless when the ish hits the fan. Is anyone carrying precious metals?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
A Leatherman, 250 rds. ea of appropriate ammo (9 mm., .45 12 ga and 5.56) Hoppes #9, 5 gallons of water, Easy Mac and a titanium spoon from REI. You never know what horrors you will experince after Armageddon.
Well it is a known fact that only spoons forged from titanium will survive Armageddon.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
One forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings.

(Apologies to Stan Kubrick and Lowlight7)

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
A pulaski, 1/4 oz of the kind. sneak a toke and lighter. water filter. sunscreen, superman underoo's and a towel.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Bug out bag sounds like my purse.

At all times-

32 oz of water
at least 3 pieces of fruit and a granola bar
Leatherman
Waterless hand cleaner
Wallet
Bandanna
rubber bands
paper and pen (for those drawing attacks)
floss
clean socks

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

At all times-

32 oz of water
Leatherman
Waterless hand cleaner
Wallet
Bandanna
rubber bands
floss
clean socks
Governments have been overthrown with less...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

At all times-

32 oz of water
Leatherman
Waterless hand cleaner
Wallet
Bandanna
rubber bands
floss
clean socks
Sounds like a night-on-the-town purse than a bug-out.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
What I like about the concept of a bug-out bag is ranges from each of our own reality to total fantasy.

I have fantasized if the zombies took over, and guns, car theft tools, and welding equipment are essential. I have also evacuated from New Orleans during a hurricane, and water, food, and money is all I needed.

I have a 20 below bag which I am hoping to sell to someone far north of here, and I keep my summer bag in the trunk of my car at all times.

One might laugh at the idea of escaping town, but if you are not prepared, well ask the family of James Kim about surviving.

Lowlight7

Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Virginia, USA
...two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen frag grenades.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
...two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen frag grenades.
Knew you'd find your way here eventually.

Lowlight7

Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Virginia, USA
Yeah, well. It took me awhile but I was never that great at land nav...

Seriously, though. In NOLA I carried one of these:

On the sides I carried a Nalgene bottle and a small trauma kit. Inside was:

Notebook, space pen
Petzl Myo headlamp
MSR Miox
Med kit
Door wedge
Clif Bars, Gu Gel, field stripped MRE
Small pelican case with cash, credit cards, ID goodies
Small roll of duct tape
Small length of cord
Fire stuff
Snap-on inspection mirror for ASP
Map & Compass
Swiss army knife
USAF survival kit

I think that's everything.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
What is a screamer? I've lead such a sheltered life... But if there was ever a time to try one, I guess it would be Armageddon.

I'd have a case of Tart 'n Tinys, a taser, and a few boxes of batteries.

Oh yeah, and bacon.