Quantcast

What's in your Bug Out Bag (BOB)

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
New MRE cheese = cheesy goodness. Gimme some Chili Mac, a MRE cracker and some Tabasco and I am ready for Armageddon.

Throw in an old oatmeal cookie bar and I will charge hell with a mop and bucket...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
have someone w/ commissary access get them there, or you can check out an army surplus store.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
My wife has stocked up on them...eathquake/armegeddon kit. I asked her why in the h#ll did she buy them when I can get case after case for free? She claims the Commisary has fresher, newer ones. I didnt marry her for her brains...(Although she does have a Masters.)

She also has $2G stashed in the house that she thinks I dont know about.

I have ammo. And bikes. Buying a generator soon too.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
She also has $2G stashed in the house that she thinks I dont know about.
One day when I was about 8 or 10 my best friend and I were searching his grandfather's attic and we found his BOB hidden away. There was thousands of dollars in cash in it. We were really excited and were planning on doing all sorts of stuff with it but then we told someone and found out it was supposed to be there :busted:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
When armegeddon comes, I am going to be a combination of Jerry Garcia, Hugh Hefner, Audie Murphy and Mrs Fields. Oh yeah, John Tomac too.

Drugs and music, chicks, bullets, cookies and MTBs. Thats what its all about.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Yeah, well. It took me awhile but I was never that great at land nav...

Seriously, though. In NOLA I carried one of these:

On the sides I carried a Nalgene bottle and a small trauma kit. Inside was:

Notebook, space pen
Petzl Myo headlamp
MSR Miox
Med kit
Door wedge
Clif Bars, Gu Gel, field stripped MRE
Small pelican case with cash, credit cards, ID goodies
Small roll of duct tape
Small length of cord
Fire stuff
Snap-on inspection mirror for ASP
Map & Compass
Swiss army knife
USAF survival kit

I think that's everything.

wow, i like that bag...it would make a great "go bag" for my trunk; faster than throwing on my chest rig in an active shooter situation and still has the ammo/supplies i need at close reach.

as far as a BOB...if it REALLY hits the fan then my job will be obsolete therefore i just keep all of my gear in my patrol car since i always have access to it. i've got a ton of ammo, some MRE's, peanut butter crackers, hot/cold weather gear. after reading some of the posts in this thread i've realized that i need to add a water filtration kid as well.
crap, come to think of it, i've underestimated a lot of things, especially since i'll have 3 kids to keep alive as well. hmmmm...back to the drawing table.....

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
That's why you named your son "Kevin Costner Waterworld-Manimal", right?

Lowlight7

Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Virginia, USA
wow, i like that bag...it would make a great "go bag" for my trunk; faster than throwing on my chest rig in an active shooter situation and still has the ammo/supplies i need at close reach.

Unfortunately the bag ended being lost in a move. I ordered a new one in March '07, but while the builder makes good stuff it's a basement-type operation. I'm still waiting on my bag, although he was kind enough to give me a full refund. Keep that in mind if you order anything...

Right now I'm looking at Eagle's E&E Bag or possibly a custom insert for my Timbuk2 bag...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
L7,

I have a DBT go-bag if you wanna check one out in person. It's no Eggroll, but it does for my needs, and "they" give me one for free...

renoos08

Chimp
Aug 15, 2009
Why do you want it in a backpack?

Most likely, one of the first things you'll need to do is move. You'll want or need to leave the area for a new one and thinking how to bring anything you need is not what you would like as a priority. Backpacking is the easiest way to transport your bug out bag.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
My beta C mag in 5.56 and soon in 7.62, 100 rounds of .45, some knee pads, some lube, a dust wand, the "Good Eats" DVD collection and some elder erotica in black and white.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Not bringing anything with me to the end other then my banjo.

Silly city people will come by with all the items I will need.