Quantcast

What's in your stable at the start of 2008?

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
And apparently he uses his Bianchi as a "light mountain bike"...judging by the mud.

:disgust1:

P.S. I think it became expensive rather than extensive when he put the XTR RD, XT cranks, King headset, DHX coil, and MTX wheels on a fat possum...ick.
oh no, he actually rides his bianchi when it's messy outside! seriously, he better wait for street sweepers or something, that dirt is just, disgusting. what's wrong with using all that stuff on a fat possum, have you not heard of a mini dh bike? it doesn't look half bad really, is there something wrong with building a bike up for multiple purposes?

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
And apparently he uses his Bianchi as a "light mountain bike"...judging by the mud.

:disgust1:

P.S. I think it became expensive rather than extensive when he put the XTR RD, XT cranks, King headset, DHX coil, and MTX wheels on a fat possum...ick.
There's nothing wrong with a little mud on the Pista. I still think the MTXs are probably overkill, but I'm over it. It's not my bike, and I really don't care.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Relax guys.
Merely expressing my opinion on the frame, and how I'd personally save my money for a new frame before changing those parts. Not like he has to listen to me, as trailfreak pointed out...I just bought an AM bike I'll be using for light DH as a "mini-DH" bike as well and many would consider that crazy. Just giving him a hard time.

Whatever I suppose, to each his own.

kuksul08

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
I don't usually post here, but hey what the heck :)

Just got a Thomson elite seatpost and adding a WTB Pure V later this week :)

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I think my favorite part of that VP Free is the computer magnet.

haha, no but seriously, sick bike...I wish I had one.

kuksul08

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
I think my favorite part of that VP Free is the computer magnet.

haha, no but seriously, sick bike...I wish I had one.
haha yea I have since taken it off since it just got in the way. Oh yea...and unsprung weight is never a good thing :plthumbsdown: haha

thanks for the compliment

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Here's my illustrious 2008 stable:

The DH rig

The FR rig

The AM/XC/Street/DJ/4x/road/commuter/beachcruiser/bar-hopper (if I did that sort of thing)/faxmachine rig

I need more money......

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
You may need money, but you sure don't need any more zip ties on that bike. They holding it together?? Where's the duct tape?
It's invisible.
The brakes that came with it (shimano something or others) came with steel cables. I'm not a huge fan of scratching what remaining pain is left on the frame, nor putting huge gouges in my fork:plthumbsdown:
So, to recap:
zip-ties: Bag of 20 for one dollar
new brake lines: some amount more than a dollar.
Problem solved!

Dvo1, ya need a teapot? I can sell it to you... real cheap....

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
its actually an older demo 9 (2005) its more of a backup bike. i ususally use the yeti when its rockier and the demo 9 for just riding around. although i will race it depending on course. i have the 303 super soft and fast and the demo 9 is a little stiffer for drops and jumps. since the demo 9 isnt a "race" bike i find it harder to plow rocks but the 303 seems to just accel like crazy. more of a course thing i guess

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Custom ti beefy hardtail. sees way more time than the other bikes.

07 Preston/66ATA combo. Needs more dialing in time, but trails/weather have been crap the last two months.

Old Peyto frame, now rigid SS.

On-One il pompino crosser/commuter. Now sports rack/lights/fender.

IRD foad fixed gear (using an ENO hub) Faaaaaassst bike that I don't ride as much as it deserves to be ridden.

giantrider89

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
P-town, MN
yay, more showing off!!!

i love my new bike:

been riding the Rotec every day! its just too awesome... blows my mind(coming from a Cheeta and a BigHit)
gremica brakes! nice! Dont see those much......

I have a pair, and despite their weird sizes, they are awesome brakes! I really like 'em for how cheap they are.......they're not coming to america anymore though :plthumbsdown: so its gonna be hard to get parts from now on :shakefist:

Sep 10, 2001
Seattle,WA
Heres whats new in my shop.

The very first medium 2008 RL9 assembled!

New revised front end (lost the gusset), improved geo and shock clearance and the framesets a pound lighter over last years medium.

Yeah baby!

Attachments

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
my 2 rides!

giant faith 2 also has white sunline grips, sunline pedels, and is getting a boxxer wc in a matter of a month

snipes 30-06 is done now just no pix yet i just got stickers made up! and now its hella hot!

gremica brakes! nice! Dont see those much......

I have a pair, and despite their weird sizes, they are awesome brakes! I really like 'em for how cheap they are.......they're not coming to america anymore though :plthumbsdown: so its gonna be hard to get parts from now on :shakefist:
Sully sent me a million of them and twice as many spare parts, what do you need?... i need a certain shimano postmount adapter to get my System 17 running up front!!! man, if i can find someone with that part, i will trade for a complete front Hayes mag! or just buy it... i can use that mag...

otherwise, yeah they rule and the GRC levers are sooo nice compared to stock hayes that i'm used to...

Heres whats new in my shop.

The very first medium 2008 RL9 assembled!

New revised front end (lost the gusset), improved geo and shock clearance and the framesets a pound lighter over last years medium.

Yeah baby!
daaaaamn Sully!!! what a beauty!
hows the bottom out tire rub on the seattube going on the '08? i've finally (kinda) fixed mine... michi DH24 instead of that monstrous 32... thats a front tire anyways...

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
Nice Snipes! Did you polish it yourself?

nah im not the skilled lol... my uncle did it for me :) but i also noticed you had one a while back do you have any pics? cause i just got stickers made up i wana see if they look remotely close lol ..... i have never seen the orignal ones

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Almost built Banshee Scratch.Waiting for my BB adapter.It's going to be singlespeed 38-16.

My other singlespeed xc bike,Trek 6700 SLR geared 32-16.