Quantcast

What's in your stable at the start of 2008?

pedalmunky

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
A year ago my man Chip asked us what we all had in our stable of bikes. I'm just bringing it back, and I guess I'll start:

Preston FR - the alpha dog

Eastern Warthog - the jump bike

Raleigh Technium - the road bike

Trek 4900 - reconfigured as a city bike

I guess I'd have to admit I ride the Trek more than the others, since it's my commuting/errand-running/bar-hopping bike, but I do try to ride them all.

So, whatcha got?

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Transition Bottle Rocket (now sporting a new WTB seat, Thomson X.4 stem, a Gravity Light bar, and a Conti Mountain King rear tire)

In action

Klein Pulse II

Haro Escape 8.2

Vitus 979 roadie

RideRMB

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
'Da Hood
Here's two, I'll try to get a pic of my street bike soon.

2007 RMX Team

'05 Mosh BMX Bike that never gets ridden. (for sale :biggrin:)

Jman

Chimp
Dec 9, 2006
New 07 DH Intense Socom
IMG_0840.jpg
New 08 FR Morewood Shova LT
IMG_0809.jpg
05 AM Santacruz Heckler
IMG_0841.jpg
My best all rounder weapon of choice :)
IMG_0839.jpg

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Let's see if I can remember them all:

Mine:
'05 Specialized Roubaix roadie
'04 Specialized Enduro trailbike
'07 Specialized Big Hit fr/dh/trailbike
'?? Junkyard Found beach cruiser
'94 Mongoose Rockadile waiting for a SS conversion

Wife's:
'05 Specialized Stumpjumper
'07 Electra Betty
'?? English 3-Speed

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Do you actually have 4 Jackals, or are those really all the same frame? I'm assuming the latter, since they're all the same color.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
-Santa Cruz Hecklar /36 talas rc2/ x.0/ xtr cranks the works

-Tonic Fabrications Howie Prototype / dirt jumper 1/ profiles /thompson/ diety

-Transition Bottlerocket /monster t/saint cranks & brakes/fox w ti spring/ thompson/ i9

i am totally happy with my stuff for the first time in a long time!

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
2006 Sx-trail II:

and my 2006 Astrix Union looking bad ass in DH mode:

I also have a 2000 Scott hardtale that I'm in the process of rebuilding, I don't have any photos of it in it's current color. Paint is now mint green with metallic silver and brown graphics. Looks pretty rad. (for a xc bike)

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
manhattan- any pics of the BR? BR+Monster T sounds nuts.
Yeah it is a little project im in the process of putting together. The monster wont ride any higher than a totem on my bike (it's the old school one' i am gonig to play with it now that i have a light weight fully (the hecklar is at 28 lbs with a 36'

nickfr2000

Chimp
Sep 28, 2007
I don't have mountainbikes; I have Mountain Cycles. That was somebody's sig that I copied for the moment. I hope I don't get sued.

My DH bike : Shockwave 9.5

My AM Bike : Sin

That's all folks.

nwd_26

Monkey
Nov 29, 2007
Toronto, Onterrible
my stable is rather limited...but i like it!

here's an artsy pic, sorry about it being pinkbike hosted but they're honestly the easiest site to upload pics onto that i've come across yet

and since i'm bored, specs!
frame: 05 spec. p-deuce
fork: 06 or 07 rockshox pike 426 air u-turn
drivetrain: shadow conspiracy halflink, 38t front, e13 supercharger guard, 16 t rear
wheels: 26" s-type, 2.4 maxxis holy rollers
headset: chris king (mm mm good)
lockrings: some red ones i got form l.l.bean
brake: shimano deore hydro, Goodrich steel hose, and as soon as i can afford it, the front one is going back on, hollow starnut routed bien sur.

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
Right now I've got an '06 Dirtbag with an 888 up front for the big stuff, a pretty much stock '06 Coiler Deluxe that's my all around trailbike, a Transition Trail or Park for the skatepark (and DJs if the weather ever breaks around here) and a much-neglected '05 Kona Smoke that's been upgraded quite a bit but is currently gathering dust at the back of the bike pile. Overall, a good stable and for the first time I have everything that I want and need for riding!

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I'm using this bike as short travel dh bike.
And apparently he uses his Bianchi as a "light mountain bike"...judging by the mud.

:disgust1:

P.S. I think it became expensive rather than extensive when he put the XTR RD, XT cranks, King headset, DHX coil, and MTX wheels on a fat possum...ick.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
The bianchi was due to having to cut through some non paved paths due to snow and the oncoming night fall.

While my fisher is my short travel dh bike, it's also my all around bike as being that I only have enough room housing and financially for 2 bikes. The pista is my road and track bike. The fisher is my mtb, which has to be an all around bike for me. Got it frame only for $320 brand new and put most of the parts from my dmr onto that and used what $$$ I have left after putting some in savings and paying my monthly rent, electric, car insurance, food, health insurance. Trust me, I'd be on a more suitable frame if I had the money to do so at the moment. You probably don't have to worry about any of that being that your mom and dad pay for your health insurance, car insurance most likely, don't have to worry about housing, or bills.

Again it is not your bike so shut the f'ing hell up.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
The bianchi was due to having to cut through some non paved paths due to snow and the oncoming night fall.

While my fisher is my short travel dh bike, it's also my all around bike as being that I only have enough room housing and financially for 2 bikes. The pista is my road and track bike. The fisher is my mtb, which has to be an all around bike for me. Got it frame only for $320 brand new and put most of the parts from my dmr onto that and used what $$$ I have left after putting some in savings and paying my monthly rent, electric, car insurance, food, health insurance. Trust me, I'd be on a more suitable frame if I had the money to do so at the moment. You probably don't have to worry about any of that being that your mom and dad pay for your health insurance, car insurance most likely, don't have to worry about housing, or bills.

I don't see anything wrong with it at all. Ride it how you like it. Who cares what someone else thinks about it. I have my hard tail set up with Ex823 DH rims, and a 5 inch Sherman. DH cranks, stubby Race Face stem,WTB Power V DH seat, and Race Face Diabolus 31.8 bars.

It weights 33 pounds, and I use it as my XC /AM/ SEMI FREERIDE hardtail. Works perfect for it to. Probably not every one's choice, but then again... they don't ride it, I do.

I catch sh*t from all the XC guys about how heavy my bike is, but I still out ride them on every ride. But then again... I smoke them when I ride with them on my 40 pound Ram with 7" travel also.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
agreed. Like you should talk about having expensive bikes s. Sometimes its better to have one bike you can ride everything on then a bunch of bikes which you can't do anything on :shocked::poster_oops: