Quantcast

What's it like being a granddad???

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Yep, you read right.............. our soon-to-be daughter-in-law is at 4cm. I know that doesn't mean she'll give birth today, however, it sure feels that way. Wife and I took today off (with the help of our manager) so we, well, she can be there, as I am fighting a bug and DO NOT want any chances of this being passed on.

I have a hunch I'll pull what my dad did to us when Alaina was here and claim "Grandparents' Rules". Basically, as long as "this" doesn't interfere with son's/d-i-l's feelings, anything goes. I've already told wife it looks like I'll be correcting any bad skoolings they try to instill, which will be fun (and a lot).

Man, I want to be there today, yet I just don't feel comfortable, even with a hospital mask on. Oh, and when possible, I want to take them to my dad's in Lancaster, CA, as my grandma is still here, and excited, and that means a picture of 5 generations of our family. THAT will be one to treasure........

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
you get revenge on your kids for driving you nuts as they grew up. Buy the grand kids really loud toys like drum sets and BB guns to shoot the neighborhood critters
I can see it now.......

Hello, Sponsors From My Past--

You've helped with Make-A-Wish, then my stepson (baby's dad), then my riding for Alaina. Now, how about helping my granddaughter in her mtb-ing doings?

(of course, this is said through my dentures, with a lisp, and my hearing aid turned on......)

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001

If those are blow-up furniture pieces, I can just imagine all the Rema(?) patches I'd use on them.... or duct tape.

BTW............................

SHE'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I have no further information than that. Name/weight/length to follow..............

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
There's only one area where one can really torque me off to the point of forgetting what I did to mess you up, and that's belittling my family, unless you're stevew, then it's ok and open season...............

Wife says she's sweet and petite. I'm looking forward to seeing her tomorrow!!!
i'm sorry for that.

enjoy.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
i'm sorry for that.

enjoy.
stevew, there is no need for sorry. Your comment gave me a chuckle. I got carried away, hopefully in a very sarcastic way, with my reply.

I hate getting home from a short ride, doing laundry, and watching the 9rs/puckers game, and there's a cute little bundle of joy up at the lake. Come on, tomorrow, hurry up and get here so I can finally see her......

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001

Hey, where can I get me some of that juice?????

Allow me to introduce....................

AMELIA ALAINA ARNOLD, all 6lbs and 18" of her. Held her for the first time today, and I am smitten. She fussed a little bit, and she even gave me a couple of smiles. How does a 24hr-old give smiles?? Any way she dang well pleases, and it's my interpretation of the facial expression any way.

Dayam, she's cute, and once I download and figure out how, a pic or so will be posted.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Hey, where can I get me some of that juice?????

Allow me to introduce....................

AMELIA ALAINA ARNOLD, all 6lbs and 18" of her. Held her for the first time today, and I am smitten. She fussed a little bit, and she even gave me a couple of smiles. How does a 24hr-old give smiles?? Any way she dang well pleases, and it's my interpretation of the facial expression any way.

Dayam, she's cute, and once I download and figure out how, a pic or so will be posted.
Thanks for the update poppy, or maybe you're a popup, let us know ok....