Quantcast

What's it worth?

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I'm not looking to sell this frame. I'm more or less trying to figure out what it's valued at. Not "I'd pay $$$ for it" but rather what the insurance value is.

2015 Wilson 27.5 signed by Stevie Smith @ Windham WC. There was only one other race that year. These frames came out late in 2015. Like around the first week of June.

2016 there were 2 WC races he attended before his death.

I know that this isn't the last frame he signed. But it's probably one of the last Wilsons and it's undisturbed (no tape over it).

What are your thoughts?

Attachments

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Even though it's Stevie and we love the guy, his signature probably doesn't add much value.

But that's a clean frame and barely looks used. So the value is whatever they went for, most likely.

Of course value on something like this is hard to write down. To some, it might be worth nothing, but to others it might be priceless.

That frame is at least not the ugly ones that Devinci have turned them into these days. :)

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
is it yours? if so, do you really want it? could be cool to reach out to pinkbike and do a raffle for it and donate the $$$ to a charity that supports kids and bikes.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
You could also reach out to someone like Gabe Fox and see if he'll write a letter to verify it. It might not add value, but will go along with the story of it.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
is it yours? if so, do you really want it? could be cool to reach out to pinkbike and do a raffle for it and donate the $$$ to a charity that supports kids and bikes.
I've thought of something like this, but didn't know where to start. Otoh, I have several signed frames by other racers and, for right now, keep this one up there with them.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
You could also reach out to someone like Gabe Fox and see if he'll write a letter to verify it. It might not add value, but will go along with the story of it.
Interesting!

I'll try this and see what happens!

Last edited: