Quantcast

what's my road bike worth?

mrstilly

Chimp
Mar 27, 2010
Horseheads, NY
I have a Trek 1500 that I want to sell. I purchased it in 2006, but I don't know if it is a 2005 or a 2006 model. It has the same component set as the 2006, but it has a different paint job than the bike shown on the trek bike archive.

This is the link on trek archives. http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/2006/archive/1500

I have ridden about 3000 miles on it. It probably needs a tune up and and a new rear tire. It's always been garaged and taken care of. It's been ridden a handful of times in the last few years, and everything is in good working contdition. No rust or other signs of lack of use. I also have tri bars that clip onto the handlebars (cheaper ones). I was going to list it at $350. I want to sell it locally and not deal with shipping. I live in Ithaca, NY and have seen somewhat similar road bikes sell pretty quick.
ETA: it's a 56cm frame size

Frameset
Sizes 43, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60, 63cm
Frame Alpha SLR Aluminum
Fork Bontrager, carbon
Wheels
Wheels Bontrager Select
Tires Bontrager Race Lite, 700x25c
Drivetrain
Shifters Shimano 105 STI, 9 speed
Front Derailleur Shimano 105
Rear Derailleur Shimano Ultegra
Crank Shimano 105 52/39/30
Cassette Shimano HG50 12-25, 9 speed
Pedals Alloy/nylon road w/clips and straps
Components
Saddle Bontrager Race Lux
Seat Post Bontrager Carbon
Handlebars Bontrager Select, 31.8mm
Stem Bontrager Select, 17 degree, 31.8mm
Headset Aheadset w/semi-cartridge bearings, sealed, alloy
Brakeset Alloy dual pivot w/Shimano 105 STI levers

Last edited:

Richcreek

Chimp
Jul 16, 2010
Sorry, but this isn't a for-sale classified part of the website. You should put this there with a 350 OBO price if you don't know its value.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Take it to Swan Cycles in Freeville. They'll check the bike over and give you an honest appraisal for not much. They've also got a bulletin board you can post it on for free. That's an easy size bike to sell, if you're realistic about the price it'll move fast.

Full disclosure- I used to be the manager at Swan's, but don't work there anymore. Still think it's a really awesome shop.