Quantcast

what's on random on yr mp3 player?

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
narlus said:
yep, that and Popwatch. i just don't have the time for it anymore; i'd have a largely ignored blog if i had the time, but i don't.

however, i am thinking of launching a special service for RM folks very shortly... :clue:
RM podcast?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
nothing that elaborate...was thinking more along the lines of a "Song of the Day" type thing, downloadable via yousendit...i think it supports 25 downloads which should be more than enough ;)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
narlus said:
nothing that elaborate...was thinking more along the lines of a "Song of the Day" type thing, downloadable via yousendit...i think it supports 25 downloads which should be more than enough ;)
Nice. :cool:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
macko said:
10. O.A.R. - I Feel Home
A good feeling song on friendship. This is a great one ... highly recommended! One of my favorites by O.A.R.
I always had the impression that this band was crap, but I've heard more and more of their stuff and it's kind of catchy :thumb:

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
1)Misfits- Return of the Fly
2)NOFX- All Outta Angst
3)At The Drive In- Fahrenheit
4)Beastie Boys- Open Letter to NYC
5)Silverstein- My Heroine
6)Misfits- Cough/Cool
7)Scapegoat- Wonderful As We Are
8)Finch- Grey Matter
9) Los Casualties-Vida Perdida (from the casualties CD they re=released in Spanish)
10)Against Me!- Miami

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
firetoole said:
My Ipod is always on random because the screen is cracked and thats all I cand see on it

1. Damien Jurado
2. Headphones (Pedro the lion side project)
3. The Futureheads
4. The Black Keys
5. Little T and One Track Mike (Shaniqua don't live here no more!)
You like Headphones? I got the announcement that they formed and went to their website, but couldn't get into it. I'm a huge david Bazan fan though. You hear of Undertow Orchestra yet?

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
McGRP01 said:
Lots of Phish, Nickel Creek and Led Zeppelin for some reason?
hahaha, I had to clear a few phish shows off my iPod after realizing that they were consuming well over 20gb's of my drive!:rolleyes:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
1. Monkey Bars - Jurassic 5
j5 has to be one of my favorite hip hop groups. they really know how to write songs and the songs are always mixed really well. this song i really like the beat of this song and it matches the rapping perfectly. its a pretty mellow song and has a really good flow to it.
2. Intertiatic E.S.P. - The Mars Volta
its one of the two mars volta songs that i have. its definitely a different sound compared to most of the rock that i typically listen to. i like how the speed varies in this because it isnt like some songs where it goes from blazingly fast to super slow with a terrible transition. the transitions in speed are smooth and complement the song well.
3. Great Expectations - Jurassic 5
once again another good j5 song. i really like this one because it has sort of a jazzy feel in the background with the mellow beat and trumpet.
4. Day of the Dead - 17 Year Tragedy
its a pretty good metal song. i like the intro to it because its got a nice riff to it but im not a fan of how it breaks down right after the intro because it goes from fast and hard to slow and sluggish. its not bad but it most certainly isnt one of my favorites.
5. Concertina - The Mars Volta
a pretty mellow mars volta song. its a good song to listen to when im just chilling. once again the unique sound of the mars volta makes it an interesting sound.
6. Way of the Light - Gift of Gab
really good hip hop song. it has a really mellow feel and the whole song is put together well. it has a beat that works well with the lyrics.
7. Swing Set - Jurassic 5
this is a really cool song. the dj for j5 took some swing music and then mixed it which makes for a really cool song. the whole song just flows and the whole arrangement is really cool.
8. Renegades of Funk - Rage Against the Machine
a classic. ratm has a bunch of good songs and this happens to be one of my favorites.
9. The Horror - RJD2
just a really cool song. its mixed really well and has a good flow to it.
10. Trippin - Zion I
everyone has probably heard this song since its in the collective. zion i always has a really good flow to all of their songs and this one is cool because everything just flows together and everything complements everything else.
i guess you all will notice a trend with the music that i have in my main playlist, i find it to be really flowy. lately ive been primarily listening to my playlist that i made for snowboarding so all of the songs have a good flow to them because it just helps me find the flow when riding. flow=good

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
H8R said:
Hmm...

I listen to iTunes at work, as do at least 20 other people, and all the local machines are networked and the playlists are shared. That means I have approximately one millionty bazillion potential songs to put in a random list.

I'll post here again soon...
:stupid:> + the 80gb's i have...

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
mud'n'sweat said:
McGRP01, are you a PTer? Just thought I'd ask after seeing your list :)
Yep. :) Same SN on PT. I'm not on the green board as much as I used to be (back around when hiatus ended). I'm an Admin. for the PT McGee (blue) board as well. I have to admit though, I spend more time on Phook and The Bort than PT these days. :o:

What's your SN on PT, I'll keep an eye open for you.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Bicyclist said:
No, Birdland is a tune by Weather Report. It's on Heavy Weather. Good album, BTW.
You do realize Jaco was as member of Weather Report for awhile?

He wrote Birdland while he was in Weather Report.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Haha, nice! PTers all over the place. My sn there is aquarich, but I rarely post these days as well.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
mud'n'sweat said:
You do realize Jaco was as member of Weather Report for awhile?

He wrote Birdland while he was in Weather Report.
Yes, I am distinguishing between the solo era and the era where he was in Weather Report.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I thought you said Jaco didn't write Birdland, which he did. Weather Report was the band he was in when he wrote it, but it is his tune. Just because John Lennon wrote a tune, and the Beatles played it, you don't say the Beatles wrote the song because it was not while John Lennon had gone solo. There is the writer, and then there is a the people who play it. There is a distinct difference :)