Quantcast

What's sexier than an M3? My new V-10...

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
BadFastard said:
in the end it doesn't matter. Looks are far less important than performance. And I'm sure the most people here wouldn't be able to tell if they ride a V10 or an M3 in a blind test (hmm, maybe not a good idea to do a blind DH run but you get my drift)
I've met Kevin here. He just bought a V10. I'm sure when we'll be riding some day in spring, we're not going to feel the difference between the bikes, only the differences in setup.

There's one 'advantage' to the intense cockpit design as it kinda swings down as opposed to the humpback V10: it's very low. heaps of standover clearance .

And looks, M3 looks more of a racer, athletic sharpness and all. But then again Santa Cruz has nicer colours!
Both bikes look really nice allthough I have to admit that I am not crazy about the toptube on the V10. :think:

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I really dont give a rats ass about how my bike looks allthough it will look better then any m3 anyday.
Now seriously.
I think the main difference between the two bikes is marketing and looks.
The m3 allways has a slight marketing advantage with everyone because Intense is such an exotic brand. Thats the reason why they can pull off asking 600 bucks more for a bike that will probably perform equally good. I must admit I do like the lower standover height of the Intense and I guess it does make it look more racy. But I think its really not that much of an issue unless your doing can can's and stuff like that.
Ive had a pretty good deal on the v10 but if Id have gotten the same deal on the m3 I would have just as easily bought the Intense.
All that matters to me is that the are both extremely good DH race bikes with the virtual pivot point suspension system which I think is brilliant.
Id say they both look awsome in their own way and I can only hope they ride as good as they look.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
losttrailsfound said:
yo sick ride, youre gonna rip the mountain a new one on that ****... im just curious, is that the 888vf, rc, r, or what?
Its an 888r works with custom valving and all that jazz. Also comes with marzocchi lowrider crowns. The fork is dead sexy and this bike looks even sweeter in person. Will told me the weight of the fork was 7.6ibs with integrated stem, not bad at all.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
biker3 said:
Its an 888r works with custom valving and all that jazz. Also comes with marzocchi lowrider crowns. The fork is dead sexy and this bike looks even sweeter in person. Will told me the weight of the fork was 7.6ibs with integrated stem, not bad at all.
sorry to break the news but the v10 is gonna be knocked to a distant 3rd place after i post up pics of 2 new rigs from dallas.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
And I'm sure the most people here wouldn't be able to tell if they ride a V10 or an M3 in a blind test (hmm, maybe not a good idea to do a blind DH run but you get my drift)
I dunno, we all know rootbeer is faster so that would be one way to tell. :p

The M3 is sweet no doubt, and I would love to have one. But I'd rather have a V10 and it drives me nuts when people talk objectively about subjective things like that earlier post. Anyway I don't have one of either so rock it if you've got it...

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
UiUiUiUi said:
hey violet/curb hucker, you can't beat mine ;)
Yes I can :D. I just slapped on the 2005 WB DH2.0 that showed up an hour ago. The uppers match the color of the frame exactly. It looks so sexy :cool: Not to mention the new 2.0 is possibly the most versatile fork out there. You should get one UiUiUiUi

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Curb Hucker said:
Yes I can :D. I just slapped on the 2005 WB DH2.0 that showed up an hour ago. The uppers match the color of the frame exactly. It looks so sexy :cool: Not to mention the new 2.0 is possibly the most versatile fork out there. You should get one UiUiUiUi
You just have a training fork compared to my Avalanche :evil:

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Brian HCM#1 said:
You just have a training fork compared to my Avalanche :evil:

the avalanche looks too big on a F1
been there tried that
works great but its too big and heavy
fits the fatty fat way better

"opticswise" i believe the dorado X works without the answer stickers rules them all...
the F1 will hopefully get a new paintjob and stickers till spring...

won't brag about the fork working properly though.

bigbirdie

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
CT
yo, lovebunny, I got one of those comin' thanks to you buying my bb7. :)

I can't wait to rip on mine!!!!