Quantcast

What's sexier than an M3? My new V-10...

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Damn, this thing is smoking. I love it. The only change i need to make is the wheels and i'm set.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Sherpa said:
Damn, this thing is smoking. I love it. The only change i need to make is the wheels and i'm set.
youre running open class next year right??

oh yeah, nice bike. 10/10. are you running a 70mm stem. that thing is giant.

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
Those are better looking than M3s IMO. Only the linkages look a bit spindly compare to the intense linkages. I'm sure they do the job just fine though.

Congrats, she's a good looking ride.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Jimmy_Pop said:
youre running open class next year right??

oh yeah, nice bike. 10/10. are you running a 70mm stem. that thing is giant.
He better be, as well as Juniorx at all the nationals. That bike has no place in any sport class by god hahaha. Nah me and will should be tearing it up next year in open, watch out for these two balls to the wall F-ville homeboys. Oh wait I still need a DH rig BAD. :confused: Itd be real nice if specialized would make their crap available before oh wait like the first race of the season. Last time I checked the demos are looking at MARCH but they said that was tentative.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
biker3 said:
He better be, as well as Juniorx at all the nationals. That bike has no place in any sport class by god hahaha. Nah me and will should be tearing it up next year in open, watch out for these two balls to the wall F-ville homeboys. Oh wait I still need a DH rig BAD. :confused: Itd be real nice if specialized would make their crap available before oh wait like the first race of the season. Last time I checked the demos are looking at MARCH but they said that was tentative.
Yea dog. I'm going to go to DD right now and ride it. Oh and you need a V-10 too. Phuck Specialized :nope: and them pushing back the release of the D8. Gotta be something to do with the Fox :think: .

Oh and no comments on the Hopey, yet.

BadFastard

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
Belgium
How's that steering damper working for ya?
Awesome V10 you got there.
But I couldn't leave that title unclaimed. So here's my build. Pics don't do justice to the colour. Will update with daylight pics once i'm ready building it

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Well, Badfastard you may have cleaned you parts..before you posted pics from it :)

So it looks that it has been ridden without the discbrakes. ;)

The paint looks really old at the M1.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
BadFastard said:
How's that steering damper working for ya?
Awesome V10 you got there.
But I couldn't leave that title unclaimed. So here's my build. Pics don't do justice to the colour. Will update with daylight pics once i'm ready building it

interesting trimming job on your rear Michelin!

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Yeah,nice trim job on the tire!
I wonder though,after spending that much time trimming,why run it that direction???

Chris Van Dine showed up here after the east coast tour with some interesting snipping,a Swamp thing with all the knobs ramped,then slit sideways(sciped-sp-).
But he sat in the van all the way across the country with nothing else to do then sniff armor.You my friend must have some time on your hands... :D

Oh yeah-something that pertains to this thread-M3's are WAY sexier than v 10 humpbacks!!! Blah!

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Hey BadF
The m3 looks killer, hope it rides as nice as your m1 did.
Ill have my bike ready by the end of Januari. Lets ride in Namur again some time soon and set the v10 and m3 side by side and see how they compare.
And lets hope time fly's by so we can really test those baby's out in big Ol T ;)
Mazzel! Kevin

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Dykes work best,get rubber handles and try 2 sizes.a small and a medium to get into small places.Sometimes you need to slice one side with a razor blade,then snip off the knobby with the dykes(Minion R /michy side knobs)

BadFastard

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
Belgium
kev: we'll ride for sure! I need some machining on a few adapters, and the chainrings/bashguard and then i'm done. The rear wheel is temporary, it's heavier than a russian truck wheel

Tires: bought them off a friend who had to quit. He thought it worked better, I thing they'll wear like ice cream on a hot plate this way. Don't know how he did it, bu he has some connections in MX.
Direction, i ride Michelins in the direction opposite to the arrow on its sidewall. To me it works better.

AlberTop

Monkey
Nov 30, 2004
South
BadFastard said:
Direction, i ride Michelins in the direction opposite to the arrow on its sidewall. To me it works better.
I have some friends who use then in the oposite direction too. They say it breaks better that way.

BadFastard

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
Belgium
Kevin said:
Cool man, lookin forward too it.
Ill PM you once Ive got my bike working and me and Bernard are coming to Namur to testrape the little bitch. :D

Nice job getting an XTR crank on the m3 btw...
Bernie on new wheelz as well?

Look at the 1st pic (rear view) you might wanna reconsider that 'nice work' into rough hacking.....

Eigil, keen eye!
the guy I bought them off is an intense fanatic. But then again, isn't the edge simply a C24 with that little modif?
Used to ride them Intense tires but I found them were too freakin heavy, didn't steer as sharp as michies and the stickies only last a day. I had heaps of ripped out knobs also. So i'll stick to the C16 C24 in reverse direction

From your previous posts I take it you're racing on an M3. Do you have any setup tips? I used to ride a 2001 M1 with 5th (8.75*2.75). Now this one with the same parts (hence the dirt) and Swinger 9.5*3
I had high speed compression totally open. The air chamber is halfway in at 110psi. Low speed was 3 turns in from totally open. Rebound was about halfway or a bit faster depending the course.

(off topic i know but email and PM are disbaled on your account...)

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Don't get me wrong, this V10 is smoking but that mole on the monotubing near de headtube is not pretty.

that's why m3 are sexier bikes...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
ZoRo said:
Don't get me wrong, this V10 is smoking but that mole on the monotubing near de headtube is not pretty.

that's why m3 are sexier bikes...
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But I disagree so don't say "the M# are sexier bikes" like its a fact.

In my opinion the M3 is a boring safe design - Intense just keeps recycling the same aesthetic. The new V10 on the other hand is (to me) a ballsy, distinctive design that pushes buttons, and I give SC props for taking some chances. And if you've ever ridden a new V10 you know that from the cockpit the humpback is less pronounced and makes the front end look and feel super stout.

BadFastard

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
Belgium
OGRipper said:
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But I disagree so don't say "the M# are sexier bikes" like its a fact.

In my opinion the M3 is a boring safe design - Intense just keeps recycling the same aesthetic. The new V10 on the other hand is (to me) a ballsy, distinctive design that pushes buttons, and I give SC props for taking some chances. And if you've ever ridden a new V10 you know that from the cockpit the humpback is less pronounced and makes the front end look and feel super stout.
in the end it doesn't matter. Looks are far less important than performance. And I'm sure the most people here wouldn't be able to tell if they ride a V10 or an M3 in a blind test (hmm, maybe not a good idea to do a blind DH run but you get my drift)
I've met Kevin here. He just bought a V10. I'm sure when we'll be riding some day in spring, we're not going to feel the difference between the bikes, only the differences in setup.

There's one 'advantage' to the intense cockpit design as it kinda swings down as opposed to the humpback V10: it's very low. heaps of standover clearance .

And looks, M3 looks more of a racer, athletic sharpness and all. But then again Santa Cruz has nicer colours!