Quantcast

What's So Special About Guinness?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hmm....i think i'll enjoy a properly poured pint o' the black in about, say 2 hours?

:D

btw, that whole cloverleaf imprint on top of the foam ritual doesn't fly over here either.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
So Guinness is supposed to not be served warm, right? I've been to several "Irish pubs" in the D.C. area and have gotten cold, cold Guinnesses. Always through me for a loop.

Maybe this is a travesty... but opening the Guinness cans with that plastic ball in them is way fun!

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Oh, and as far as the question posed in this thread --
Whatever. Did you read the part of the thread where I said this:

This has also been my experience with Guinness. The 3 times I tried one it was very bitter, and not smooth at all.
If you tried a brand of beer that lots of people raved about and had 3 bad experiences at 3 different establishments, maybe you might not be so keen on it. :rolleyes:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Originally posted by Tweek
Nitrogen, laddie. 'tis nitrogen, not CO2.
:)
You're both right, it's mixed gas. It contains both nitrogen and CO2. A bartender at one of Alexandria's pubs hooked me and my old roommate up with a tank and connections for a party several years ago. :thumb:

Apr 29, 2004
culpeper VA
Just a couple quick, cool facts.
did you know that you can float guinness ontop of just about any lite beer. You can win lots of free beer with that when someone starts whining about it being to thick.
Secondly guinness sponsored my mtn bike team! So any beer company that does that rules!!!!!!!!!!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
That smoooooth creamy goodness..... Ahhhhhh... Guinness....

Guinness is good for you...

I don't know really how to describe it... It's a beautiful thing.

I won't drink "beer" that is the same color as piss. It just aint right.

One of the nicest things about Guinness is when we go to a family event, no one touches my beer. They're all a bunch a yella beer drinkers.

A looong ride, followed by a nice smooth Guinness and a sweet sweet bowl... yes laddie, heaven really is here on earth.

Ciaran...

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
Originally posted by Ciaran
That smoooooth creamy goodness..... Ahhhhhh... Guinness....

Guinness is good for you...

I don't know really how to describe it... It's a beautiful thing.

I won't drink "beer" that is the same color as piss. It just aint right.

One of the nicest things about Guinness is when we go to a family event, no one touches my beer. They're all a bunch a yella beer drinkers.

A looong ride, followed by a nice smooth Guinness and a sweet sweet bowl... yes laddie, heaven really is here on earth.

Ciaran...

I read in a mens weekly that dark beer is good for you. Especially after dinner. Something to do with it helping with the digestion.

Originally posted by Tweek
Nitrogen, laddie. 'tis nitrogen, not CO2.
Oh, and as far as the question posed in this thread -- :stosh:
:)

you pointing fingers again there Tweek? .... gfaw, good thing i just had me pint and i dont giva hoot about what you point that thing at .... and the value of the thread.... Guiness and the Monkey are intertwined like a white tiger and her daddy

if it werent for the brown stuff the monkey man would have created something else... like a sewing class site or something....

so, let the pints flow, stop pointin unless it be at the barkeep to order the next round

;)