Quantcast

What's the beer for this weekend?

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
I'll start . . .

I'll be enjoying Trout River 'Hoppin' Mad Trout.' Recently this has become my latest favorite replacing Long Trail 'Ale.' What are you drinking?

toby

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I am guessing it will be a couple of red tails at the bike shop on my way home followed by some big daddy IPA and guiness. But that's just a guess... ;)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i wanted to get hte dogfish pumpkin, but the store didn't have any yet. and they have a good selection. i was bummed.

got some shipyard and smuttynose pumpkin instead.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
did a taste test (blind) between the shipyard and smuttynose. both didn't fare too well. the smutty had a richer color but a fairly offensive aftertaste. the shipyard had a very strong spice (too strong?) flavor, w/ no bad aftertaste. color was pale.

i need to find some dogfish punkin'

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I had a great Blonde Boy Skinned-Knee Ale the other day. Followed that up with a Googlesmacken Sweet Potato Stout. A friend came by with a six-pack of CSI's Autopsy IPA and we drank that while doing each others hair in eurohawks. After my hangover wore off, I had a Pabst.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Oooo....if you're near Trout River, get the Nitro Stout!!!! :drool: One of the best beers I've had in a while!!! Ask berkshire_rider (or IAB, or MMcG, or MBC....) they'll agree!!

As for myself, I had some Stone Ruination IPA this weekend....soooo good! :thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
McGRP01 said:
Oooo....if you're near Trout River, get the Nitro Stout!!!! :drool: One of the best beers I've had in a while!!! Ask berkshire_rider (or IAB, or MMcG, or MBC....) they'll agree!!

As for myself, I had some Stone Ruination IPA this weekend....soooo good! :thumb:
Mmmmmm........... Ruination........ :drool: That $hit's good!

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
I have a good question. I haven't done a search or anything, but I have never seen PBR show up in these forums. Why is that? It's cheap, gets the job done and for a while there you get get a free deck of cards. You have to save every bottle cap you get; behind each bottle cap there is a card number and suit. Collect all 52 cards and you have a deck! Just another excuse to drink a sh*t load of beer. :sneaky:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
aggrorider said:
I have a good question. I haven't done a search or anything, but I have never seen PBR show up in these forums. Why is that? It's cheap, gets the job done
If the "job" is to provide tasty goodness, then PBR falls flat on its face.

Is there some other "job" that beer's for? :confused:

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
I know PBR isn't the best tasting beer, but it is a beer for the lobstermen around here. And the "job" is for some relaxation.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
aggrorider said:
I have a good question. I haven't done a search or anything, but I have never seen PBR show up in these forums. Why is that? It's cheap, gets the job done...
Dude that's like asking why nobody ever posts about the Specialized Hard Rock over in the DH forum. :)

The world of beer is easily as varied as the world of bikes. If you understand bikes, it should not be hard for you to understand that there are fanatics who will argue and debate endlessly over different beers. But like with bikes that assumes you are up to a certain level of quality. For most of us there was a time when our standards were very low. Once you got beyond the threshold of "drinkable," price was most important. After a while some came to realize that there is more to beer than just getting a buzz, just like the world of bikes is about more than just getting from point A to B. Are there real differences in quality? Well, is there a difference between a Hard Rock and a Demo 9? Both get you from point A to B...

There are plenty of people who are completely thrilled to ride a Hard Rock or drink PBR, and good for them. There are also plenty of people who delve a little deeper.

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
OGRipper said:
Dude that's like asking why nobody ever posts about the Specialized Hard Rock over in the DH forum. :)

The world of beer is easily as varied as the world of bikes. If you understand bikes, it should not be hard for you to understand that there are fanatics who will argue and debate endlessly over different beers. But like with bikes that assumes you are up to a certain level of quality. For most of us there was a time when our standards were very low. Once you got beyond the threshold of "drinkable," price was most important. After a while some came to realize that there is more to beer than just getting a buzz, just like the world of bikes is about more than just getting from point A to B. Are there real differences in quality? Well, is there a difference between a Hard Rock and a Demo 9? Both get you from point A to B...

There are plenty of people who are completely thrilled to ride a Hard Rock or drink PBR, and good for them. There are also plenty of people who delve a little deeper.

You know, i try and tell my friends this, but they just don't get it.

I feel that much less of a man every time I walk out of the packie with a 12 of bud light for them.

-Adam

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went looking for the nastiest hoppiest beer I could find tonight. Best I could came up with was a Stone Ruination IPA. A decent beer but I was hoping for more. Has a nice hoppy aroma but the hop flavour seems one dimensional and has a bit of a metalic after taste, I almost expect to find a copper penny at the bottom when done. I do like the fact that it isn't overly sweet like many strong IPA's tend to be.