Quantcast

Whats the best gear out there? (Helmets/Pads)

SnowMan365

Chimp
Sep 19, 2011
I'm trying to get an idea of the best helmets/ pads/ protective gear out there right now. I figure i would get a better result here than just doing a Google search, or looking at some shady positive online gear reviews.

So if you rock helmets and pads i was wondering?....

What kind/brand of gear do you use?

What makes it better than the other products out there?

Whats the best brand or product out there thats a good mix of bargain/style/function?

Is there any common problems with gear that i should watch out for?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

FedEx bubble wrap

I spray paint it gold

Whats the best brand or product out there thats a good mix of bargain/style/function?

Easy Cheese

rectal warts

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
I'm trying to get an idea of the best helmets/ pads/ protective gear out there right now. I figure i would get a better result here than just doing a Google search, or looking at some shady positive online gear reviews.

First off, welcome to Ridemonkey :monkey:

Second. We need some more info. More specifically, what kind of riding do you do?

DH (downhill)
XC (cross country)
AM (all mountain = mix of xc and light DH)
FR (free ride)
Trails (crazy bust a nut stunts)
BMX
etc...

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
The piece of safety equipment I use most is booze. It's far more effective than any helmet or protective padding I've ever used. Think about it, the drunk driver is almost never killed in the accident due to going limp and not actively trying to protect themselves. So when riding, I follow the same principle; the more drunk you are, the safer you'll be. Screw helmets, a fifth of JD will keep me alive *and* happy.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
only the first page, yet so much win.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

and yes, whatever fits and allows the most freedom of motion. It's different for everyone.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
POC Bones Knee/Shin and Elbow Guards.

POC Spine VPD Tee.

I've thoroughly tested these and can say they work very well.

A little pricey but not nearly as much as orthopedic surgery.

For helmet I'm wearing a HJC moto lid. I can't afford pretty graphics and carbon fiber.

:thumb:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
POC Bones Knee/Shin and Elbow Guards.

POC Spine VPD Tee.

I've thoroughly tested these and can say they work very well.

A little pricey but not nearly as much as orthopedic surgery.

For helmet I'm wearing a HJC moto lid. I can't afford pretty graphics and carbon fiber.

:thumb:
Gotta love Six Six One gear. Looks great, holds up to lots of abuse. And great customer service. Lost a screw for my 661 helmet, they sent me new hardware for free. :)
-rep coming your way for ruining this thread with rational responses... :think:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
LOL!! Sorry forgot it was the Lounge. :p
And ya think the OP is related to this poster? Similar content, similar requests, and a username with "snow" in it somehow...

If they're going to try to utilize teh monkey for product research, the least they could do is be upfront and honest about it. Maybe come on and add something to the community instead of just trying to surreptitiously start a design study in the lounge...

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
And ya think the OP is related to this poster? Similar content, similar requests, and a username with "snow" in it somehow...

If they're going to try to utilize teh monkey for product research, the least they could do is be upfront and honest about it. Maybe come on and add something to the community instead of just trying to surreptitiously start a design study in the lounge...
True. Wasn't really paying attention.