Quantcast

WHat's the BFD with that chic wanting to play golf with the guys?

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I think it's cool. If she can hang so be it and hopefully she will stomp those weak ass guys so bad they'll quit the "sport. "
Vijay Singh can suck it too. Male chauvinist pig. Goddamn it’s like we’ve gone a 100 years back in time.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I personally have no problem with the chickie playing with the men. I do, however, have a problem with how she got into the tournament. She was given a free pass thanks to her sponsors, while every other member in the tourney had to earn their way in by playing. The fact that she was given a sponsor's exemption means another player who could have earned his way in missed the tournament.

At least, that is how I understand it.

Keep in mind that it's just a golf tournament. I have my opinion, but I honestly could not give two craps. :D

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
I personally have no problem with the chickie playing with the men. I do, however, have a problem with how she got into the tournament. She was given a free pass thanks to her sponsors, while every other member in the tourney had to earn their way in by playing. The fact that she was given a sponsor's exemption means another player who could have earned his way in missed the tournament.

At least, that is how I understand it.

Keep in mind that it's just a golf tournament. I have my opinion, but I honestly could not give two craps. :D
i dont know she still has to make the cut

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
She was given a free pass thanks to her sponsors, while every other member in the tourney had to earn their way in by playing. The fact that she was given a sponsor's exemption means another player who could have earned his way in missed the tournament.
Seven other folks also got sponsor's exemptions. Every year, 8 folks get in without "earning" it. This year one of those folks was a woman, but even if it hadn't been, someone else similarly "unqualified" would have gotten in.

I don't really care, but I think it'd be pretty funny if she scored lower than Singh.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by ohio
This year one of those folks was a woman, but even if it hadn't been, someone else similarly "unqualified" would have gotten in.
lol :D

Oh, can I chime in too with... it's golf, who cares?

Any activity you can do while drinking beer ain't no sport :p

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by LordOpie

Any activity you can do while drinking beer ain't no sport :p
I beg to differ. What if drinking beer IS the sport?

An event from my college years called "Golden Keg" was hands down the single most intense, competitive, exciting sporting event I have ever witnessed or been involved in.

Thepagoda

Chimp
Aug 31, 2002
Davis, CA
I agree with Mr. Ohio entirely!

Some beer sports that require agility, hand-eye coordination and teamwork are:

Beer Die
Beer pong
Boat Racing (well this is just sheer ability to drink beer)
Sloshball
Pixie Racing
and the Miller Mile (5 beers, 1600 meters)

I've never heard of the Golden Keg.

Anyhow, I also Don't care at all about golf. I also assert that it is not a sport based on the fact that you can wear tweed pants while playing it. Also that a caddie can carry your clubs is sort of ridiculous.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by Thepagoda

I've never heard of the Golden Keg.
Golden Keg was something special. While we had many of the others mentioned, those occurred all the time. GKeg was a once a year event, taking place in an undisclosed location, always pitting the same two houses against each other.

Two teams of 15, consisting of 3 lines of 5
255 beers a side
One vomit allowed per competitor
First side to clear their table wins

Independent refereeing insured a clean match.

Winning times approached 11 minutes. That's 11 minutes total for 3 guys in a row to put down 15 beers each. DAMN.

What made it so great is the 15 minute boxing-style team intros, and the 50 guys screaming insults at the other team while the try to put down their beers.