Quantcast

What's the fuss all about?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
What's the conection between prop. 8 and this add? Some ppl are really paranoid.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
MBA sucks. Didn't they singlehandedly get Evil components to become E.13 components? I'm probably wrong, but I thought that at least had something to do with it. MBA has always been this way, which is why I stopped buying it. I value the opinion of real life e-people with e-jihads to writers who love anybody that advertises.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MBA also refused to do business with VooDoo back in the day because they were obviously satanic.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Frickin' ridiculous.

People freak out when a minority threaten to boycott something. Supporters of gay marriage lost the vote in California (the most liberal of the liberal states). If they lost in California, they'd have lost anywhere. They need to stop whining. It'll come up on a ballot again in a few years when the Superior Court overthrows the people's vote (for a second time), and this time a Prop like Prop H8te (WOW-LYKE-OMG-SO-CLEVER) will lose. And then they'll shut up.

These ads have nothing to do with gay rights, or anything. It's a ban on someone who supported what they believed in: Marriage as a Biblical institution.

I thought the gay community was all about allowing people to have their opinion, to voice it, and to live it?

Apparently not...

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Last edited:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Frickin' ridiculous.

People freak out when a minority threaten to boycott something. Supporters of gay marriage lost the vote in California (the most liberal of the liberal states). If they lost in California, they'd have lost anywhere. They need to stop whining. It'll come up on a ballot again in a few years when the Superior Court overthrows the people's vote (for a second time), and this time a Prop like Prop H8te (WOW-LYKE-OMG-SO-CLEVER) will lose. And then they'll shut up.

These ads have nothing to do with gay rights, or anything. It's a ban on someone who supported what they believed in: Marriage as a Biblical institution.

I thought the gay community was all about allowing people to have their opinion, to voice it, and to live it?

Apparently not...

HATE HATE HATE.

That like saying, "Hey, why are you boycotting that store? Is it just because the owner gave money to people who support jim
crow laws? Its what this guy believes in and the majority of people in the country thinks its the right thing to do."

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
HATE HATE HATE.

That like saying, "Hey, why are you boycotting that store? Is it just because the owner gave money to people who support jim
crow laws? Its what this guy believes in and the majority of people in the country thinks its the right thing to do."
Call it semantics, but many of folks (typically older generation) in the U.S. simply believe that "marriage" is a Biblical joining, from God, between a man and a woman. If you get the idiot conservatives out of their Focus-on-the-Family-mob-mentality, I'd imagine they have no problems with the gay community personally, nor their desire for equal rights. But Civil rides do not include "marriage".

But marriage, at least their definition of marriage is specific. Man + woman. I see nothing wrong with that opinion held by certain people. I think most people who support "Marriage" as between a man and a woman wouldn't mind if gay couples received the same rights... but often times those in the Christian realm believe that "getting married" should stay between a man and a woman. Maybe people would be satisfied if gay couples were given Civil Unions but with full rights of marriage? Sometimes certain changes in language or how things are presented can mean all the difference.

Old article, but good nonetheless.

http://www.massnews.com/2004_editions/03_march/030204_is_marriage_a_civil_right.htm

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The funny thing that the anti prop 8 ppl don't understand is the fact that the more they get involved the more publicity the homosexual cause will get and actualy it's what they need even more than the right to hurt themselves by marrying other ppl. Also I think that the fact that it was in cali doesn't mean anything. As far as I see it from Yurp it was like a very thophy/presigious battle mainly because cali is a liberal state and is also a quite big one. I doubt it would raise as much attention as previously mentioned conecticut or other small states.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
MBA - the Blockbuster Video of the cycling world. Regardless of prop 8 and their dealings and feelings about it, they're losing serious coin here when magazines are folding left and right and have been in trouble since near the advent of the interweb. Religious and other strong misguided opinions aside, it's no way to run a business and I'd venture to guess that by running the ads the wouldn't lose any of their business let alone offend any of their readers. Just silly.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
if marriage is a biblical term then take it out of our law books, constitution, whatever. Separation of church and state, please...

I have heard that some states are trying to do away with marriage entirely to ensure that the above argument is gone and dead. People who still want to be "married" can be married in their church, people who want to have "civil unions" will be everybody else as recognized by the state.

I don't think that's a bad idea at all.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Oh, and you jesus / lawd god almighty people need to look in the mirror. Keep your hate in your lil places of worship, talk amongst yourself and worry how to bury the news of your pastor/preacher/what have yous' latest molestation case from the rest of the world. Just look at the rest of the world and the radical islamic sects shoving their beliefs around. Working well aint it? Oh, you're different...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Frickin' ridiculous.

Apparently not...

The ads are a little risque, but I don't care if they are rejected.

Your arguments are very flip, but let me say this, my sister and her family are directly affected by Prop 8.

Any thing else you want to say?

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Shoot, I've been boycotting MBA for years. Not because of prop.8 or not, but because the magazine blows. If they want to make it even dumber by not running sweet ads, who really cares? I've seen all those ads in Dirtrag already anyhow.

As for prop. 8, what's everyone afraid of? You'll get drunk and wake up married to a sneaky gay dude? Who cares if gay people get married? Non-Christian people get married all the time, it's not like Christianity owns the copyright to Marriage. Why do they get to dictate what marriage is?

Last edited: