Quantcast

what's the longest you can do something?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I was chatting with a guy who played poker a few days ago for 10 straight hours.

Allowing for eating and bathroom breaks, what's the longest you can do one activity?

I can't do my job for more than 30 minutes at a time before checking RM or something.

I could sit in a movie theater just barely over two hours.

the only thing I can do for any extended period of time is road bike.

I might have ADD or something.

So, what can you do for an extended period of time?

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
ive been on ridemonkey for almost 5 hours nonstop today no pee or food breaks. i have been refreshing a bunch of pages i also have cheated a bit i have instant messenger and facebook open but i have mainly been on rm.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I can be alive like, well, practically the whole time.
That's a given. Try again.

PS: Still very happy for you on that subject we discussed a while back. :thumb:
ive been on ridemonkey for almost 5 hours nonstop today no pee or food breaks. i have been refreshing a bunch of pages i also have cheated a bit i have instant messenger and facebook open but i have mainly been on rm.
We'll count any form of internet as the same activity.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
seventeen and a half hours replacing a transmission and rear end in an 01 peterbuilt. The Tail shaft of the trans was damaged when the driveline broke, due to a ring gear that snapped and twisted the whole thing up. Was great was an on site repair out in phoenix when I was working at Ruan while still earning my Two degree's. Worst job i ever had to do, was about 118 outside, working off the truck out in the dirt in the middle of frigin nowhere

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
seventeen and a half hours replacing a transmission and rear end in an 01 peterbuilt. The Tail shaft of the trans was damaged when the driveline broke, due to a ring gear that snapped and twisted the whole thing up. Was great was an on site repair out in phoenix when I was working at Ruan while still earning my Two degree's. Worst job i ever had to do, was about 118 outside, working off the truck out in the dirt in the middle of frigin nowhere
Yeah, I'd quit. Man I'm such a pvssy.

17.5 hours on a massive truck in incredible heat. I hope you got PAID!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Yeah, quite a bit on that one, was making 28.5 an hour and at 17.5 thats alot of money with OT. Been out of the Big trucks for a while now, not that I couldnt handle the work, i just got tired of workign on parts that were bigger than my head, not to mention the smell, Oh god the smell, always smell like deisel fuel. Well thats why my Primary job now is Cars, and Backup in teh Bike Industry.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
that's a lot of time to spend all by yourself...
Well I do have two hands and two feet, and they're a lot better looking than women like you. But than again I know a lot of people who would rather "spend time with themselves" than dust the cob webs off you.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
when i was in high school, and got civilization i played it for a whole weekend.
went something like 20 straight hours first, 6 hours sleeping and then another 16 or something hours.

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
i spent 15 hours writing redoing my term paper because the day before it was do my history teacher changed her mind and said that it wasn't about martin luther, it was about his influence on the world.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
?? Eh? You mean Jesus came back and killed them all? I missed that one.
No- that part where Christianity was declared the official religion of the empire, the empire fell and Christianity stayed around for the next few millenia.

Not that I believe any of that business...I just work here...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have gamed for over 12 hours on more than one occasion (prior to wife and kids).

I used to skate from 8:00 until well after midnight during the summer in high school.

I can play poker for about 10 minutes before getting bored.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Well I do have two hands and two feet, and they're a lot better looking than women like you. But than again I know a lot of people who would rather "spend time with themselves" than dust the cob webs off you.
That's might be the weakest attempt at a comeback I've ever witnessed. You'd have been better to admit it was a good joke.

On the original topic, I had never owned a console video game system in my life and upon being given free reign with my buddy's PS2 and a copy of Devil May Cry several years ago, I played it literally all night until past sunrise the next morning and beat it in one shot. I played a bunch of GTA: San Andreas when I first got it as well, probably doing 5-6 hours straight.

I can work on computers for hours at a time :nerd:

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
I fly to asia all the time. Just got back from toyko on thursday. Woke up at ~3:00 in the afternoon austin time on wednesday, arrived ~noon on thursday and had to stay up until 11 pm that night. Not counting the 3 hours of sleep on the plane, that was a 32 hour day.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I used to be able to hold my breath for 4 minutes. Now I can just about manage 2 and half. You have to practice.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I used to be able to hold my breath for 4 minutes. Now I can just about manage 2 and half. You have to practice.
brain damage much? :D

i've played GT4 all night. i've practiced piano and trumpet for several hours straight. i can basically do anything obsessively, both a blessing and a curse.