Quantcast

What's the lowdown on ski bowl

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
So how's the course and what not. This weekend is the first race I can make it to there so Im wondering is it worth the four hour drive from medford. Also can you camp at the race, have fires and do that sort of thing.

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
So how's the course and what not. This weekend is the first race I can make it to there so Im wondering is it worth the four hour drive from medford. Also can you camp at the race, have fires and do that sort of thing.
Depends what your racing- expert course is FUNNNNNNN and you get 2 runs, sport course is good- little bit more pedaly and not nearly as fun IMO and beginner is just miserable and plus you only get 1 run for beginner and sport

as far as camping, the event flyer says no but i think a few people were camping last race and I don't know about fires

killowatt

Chimp
May 16, 2005
Rainier, Oregon
There are some really nice campgrounds on the Hood river side of the mountain. About 15-20 min drive from Skibowl if I remember right.
The one that I stayed at was on a small river and I think it was called Robin hood.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
If you have more time theres other trails in the area with a shuttle option, no gnar but fun single track, could make the drive more worth it I guess, or not.