Quantcast

What's the next thing the industry is going to come fuck up

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Yeah this thing looks sick... for an ebike :banana::banana:. Ton of torque (160nm) also vs traditional drivetrain ebikes (85nm-ish). I wonder if the gearbox can take more torque.
I love that it has an option for pannier bags. Not sure who’s using that option, but the whole things is so Nicolai It hurts

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
germans > 50
We have a couple who come over once a year to "tour" the north of Scotland on their matching Nicolai Emtbs dripping with expensive parts and FS luggage racks to have them fully serviced by us. The bikes weigh a fuck ton even unladen.
Never asked their ages but I'd put the couple at well over > 65. Very much still in love/lust. Quite
eye opening when they get full on affectionate with each other in the shop.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We have a couple who come over once a year to "tour" the north of Scotland on their matching Nicolai Emtbs dripping with expensive parts and FS luggage racks to have them fully serviced by us. The bikes weigh a fuck ton even unladen.
Never asked their ages but I'd put the couple at well over > 65. Very much still in love/lust. Quite
As long as he's not teabagging your haggis then it's game on

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The race schedule is still pretty much just in Europe. 2 stops outside Europe in April, which are just XC anyway.

Provisional 2025 UCI MTB World Cup schedule:

UCI MTB World Cup – XCO 04-06.04.2025 – Outside Europe

UCI MTB World Cup – XCO 11-13.04.2025 – Outside Europe

UCI MTB World Cup – DHI 03-04.05.2025 – Europe

UCI MTB World Cup – EDR 10-11.05.2025 – Europe

UCI MTB World Cup – DHI/EDR 17-18.05.2025 – Europe

UCI MTB World Cup – XCO/XCM 23-25.05.2025 – Europe

UCI MTB World Cup – EDR 31.05-01.06.2025 – Europe

UCI MTB World Cup – XCO/DHI/EDR 06-08.06.2025 – Europe

UCI MTB World Cup – XCO/DHI 13-15.06.2025 – Europe

UCI MTB World Cup – XCO/DHI 20-22.06.2025 – Europe

UCI MTB World Cup – EDR 28-29.06.2025 – Europe

UCI MTB World Cup – DHI/EDR 05-06.07.2025 – Europe

UCI MTB World Cup – DHI/EDR 19-20.07.2025 – Europe

UCI MTB World Cup – XCO/DHI 25-27.07.2025 – Europe

UCI MTB World Cup – XCO/DHI 01-03.08.2025 – Europe

UCI MTB World Cup – EDR/XCM 16-17.08.2025 – Europe

UCI MTB World Cup – XCO/DHI/EDR/XCM 22-24.08.2025 – Europe

UCI Mountain Bike World Championships – XCO, XCR XCC, XCM, E-MTB, DHI, and EDR, 2-14.09.2025, Valais, Switzerland
Where'd you find this? It wasn't in the article

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
how much real estate on the handlebars left?

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Give it time we will have double decker bars so you have more room for your shit and all..only after we run out of space for mounts that give us more room on the bar...your ass will look like the best buy electronics section going down they trail ..

When you crash it's death by gadget...
Canyon have these already for their road/gravel bikes

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Fuck, I would love to see hardline or crankworx become the defacto DH series at this point. Redbull stop dicking around and make a push for it.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
plz take this conversation to the garvel/bykepacking forum? thank and blest.
Wait a minute....was that from the Muppets? Pizza? Pronounced Pacho? Is that you? Thank and bless. LMAO

Who doesn't love The Muppets?

Edit: The wife reminded me it is "Peace and Bless"

and it's Pache, but still in that episode he spells it like pizza. Something like that.

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Gary,would you say that those Nicolai’s as a Bike are BadAss second to none?

If not,who is BadAss to you for a EBike?

Avy

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
To me. They're hideous monstrosities. (but not anywhere near the worst bikes to work on)
Not sure you could call a mountain bike or mtb product BADASS really anymore. but what is in most middle class and higher weekend pastime/hobbies?

Plenty riding is still badass as it ever has been. Even on Ebikes*. nothing I've ever done seen in recent years on a Nicolai tho (or even Geometronononon)

*Especially now that most Emtbs are pretty sorted in geometry, travel, weight distribution and handling. and plenty exceptionally good riders aren't scared of what pish twats on the internet say about ebikes

Last edited:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Also I have to laugh at the ugly stepchild that is Enduro:

Cross country is “The Pinnacle”, downhill is “The Spectacle” and enduro is simply “All Mountain”.

When your own governing body can’t figure out how to sell you, you’re fucked.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
To me. They're hideous monstrosities. (but not anywhere near the worst bikes to work on)
Not sure you could call a mountain bike or mtb product BADASS really anymore. but what is in most middle class and higher weekend pastime/hobbies?

Plenty riding is still badass as it ever has been. Even on Ebikes*. nothing I've ever done seen in recent years on a Nicolai tho (or even Geometronononon)

*Especially now that most Emtbs are pretty sorted in geometry, travel, weight distribution and handling. and plenty exceptionally good riders aren't scared of what pish twats on the internet say about ebikes
To me,when I think of Nicolai’s(have not seen there EBike)I think of Overbuilt handmade Expensive German Technology. Mabye badass was the wrong word. I meant Proper.

With all the crazy deals going on with EBike and all bikes.

What would you pick for best bang for the buck?

What EBike is you’re favorite, or you would Love to get you’re hands on?

Do not Dare say you do not have one. You tried that on Avy with Favorite Rider.

Avy

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Also I have to laugh at the ugly stepchild that is Enduro:

Cross country is “The Pinnacle”, downhill is “The Spectacle” and enduro is simply “All Mountain”.

When your own governing body can’t figure out how to sell you, you’re fucked.
As a friend said when I showed it the pic, this is how it will end:

- XC will be doping pre-race with performance enhancing drugs.
- Enduro will be doping with beer during the race.
- DH will be post-race doping with weed.