Quantcast

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Are you seriously that deluded? Or intentionally obtuse?
Intentionally obtuse. A guy like $tinkle in 1950s Germany would sit there and swear to your face that he had no idea that Jews were being murdered, all while his SS uniform from the Sobibor days is packed away, carefully boxed, in the top of his closet.

And, if Jews WERE killed, it was clearly the work of communist infiltrators.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Lets recap:

1) I said that the right-wing did something
2) You did exactly what I said they did
3) I pointed that out and rested my case

Simple enough for you? If not, I give up.
And this is MY point. In this context you are no better than Beck and Palin and their usual "assumptions" that the MSM, Liberal left, etc etc etc is to blame right out of the gate.

Either that or you are goddamn Matlock and have solved this case and tried it before all the evidence has come in about the shooter.

(Mainly his friends classified him as a liberal leftist and for the most part, FBI is convinced he's a nut case.)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Why don't you gather up some examples from the left?

I'll get some from the right.

Splitting the work 50/50 there, yeah?
Obama, "Punish Our Enemies"
Celebrating Bush's shoe-thrower
Olbermann's Worst Persons

But I guess we should start the witch hunt on the Republicans?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Obama, "Punish Our Enemies"
Celebrating Bush's shoe-thrower
Olbermann's Worst Persons

But I guess we should start the witch hunt on the Republicans?
Clearly all horrible horrible acts, which have no analog in the frothosphere...

God forbid we not condemn a man who threw a shoe at the man who wrecked his country and killed a million people.

ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS? Or are you huffing gold spray paint?

In a radio interview that aired on Univision on Monday, Mr. Obama sought to assure Hispanics that he would push an immigration overhaul after the midterm elections, even though he has not been able to attract Republican support.

“If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re going to punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,’ if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s going to be harder and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2.”

That's full ****ing retard, my friend.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
And this is MY point. In this context you are no better than Beck and Palin and their usual "assumptions" that the MSM, Liberal left, etc etc etc is to blame right out of the gate.

Either that or you are goddamn Matlock and have solved this case and tried it before all the evidence has come in about the shooter.

(Mainly his friends classified him as a liberal leftist and for the most part, FBI is convinced he's a nut case.)
Actually, no, I was only referring to the point that the right-wing will never, ever disassociate a killer/terrorist's ethnicity or religious background if it is either middle-eastern, Muslim, or both. If you can find me instances of the right-wing calling the 9/11 hijackers "a bunch of mentally unstable young men" while omitting any reference to their religious beliefs or ethnic background, I'm all ears. It doesn't matter whether the person occasionally frequented a mosque (in between strip-club visits), was a 3rd generation immigrant from Egypt, or visited Pakistan when he was in college, if he goes out and kills people the right wing is going th bring that up. However when the killer is a white person who was raised in a Christian household and just happens to have certain right-wing beliefs/tenancies suddenly they start talking about "the actions of one delusional and/or mentally unstable person".

Sure enough, when trying to describe a "left wing terrorist", $tinkle brings up Nadal's ethnicity and religious beliefs.

Reading is FUNdamental. :clue:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
From a pragmatic standpoint, liberals don't use gun-imagery, speak in veiled tones about 2nd Amendment corrections, and suggest violent revolution.

Many Republicans do.

My interest is how Republicans talk about this and what they say in the future.

Palin is the perfect example. She lives in a world of guns, and she has embraced it as a political tool. She thought it was cute to use bullseyes to target her political opponents, and now she has to deal with the fallout.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Clearly all horrible horrible acts, which have no analog in the frothosphere...

God forbid we not condemn a man who threw a shoe at the man who wrecked his country and killed a million people.

ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS? Or are you huffing gold spray paint?

In a radio interview that aired on Univision on Monday, Mr. Obama sought to assure Hispanics that he would push an immigration overhaul after the midterm elections, even though he has not been able to attract Republican support.

“If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re going to punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,’ if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s going to be harder and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2.”

That's full ****ing retard, my friend.
Well, I'm glad you have decided to ramp up the rhetoric.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Are his friends Fascists? Even Faux News is now reporting that this kid might have connections with an anti-semetic/anti-immigrant hate group.

"The majority of citizens in the United States of America have never read the United States of America's Constitution. You don't have to accept the federalist laws," the video's titles say. "In conclusion, reading the second United States Constitution, I can't trust the current government because of the ratifications: the government is implying mind control and brainwash on the people by controlling grammar. No! I won't pay debt with a currency that's not backed by gold and silver! No! I won't trust in god!"
Yea, sounds like a total liberal fag to me. Hell, this kid and Glenn Beck are only one drum circle away from joining Greenpeace to go fight the Japanese whaling fleet. :rolleyes:

the government is implying mind control and brainwash on the people by controlling grammar.
Skaredshtless is the government? :confused:

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
This isn't like Operation Rescue, where the leaders are targeting certain doctors, including releasing their personal information.

There is a charged political environment now.

My favorite 2 MSNBC personalities are Olbermann and Schultz, who are both yelling from the pulpit. Which I happen to like.

Olbermann has also come out to apologize if anything he has said might have caused this, something which I don't expect to hear from the Fox talking heads.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Interesting scientific article on militant extremism.

Experiments by Nathan Kalmoe, for instance, show that "even mild violent language increases support for political violence among citizens with aggressive predispositions, especially among young adults."
and

Seeing violence political ads DID have an effect among those with a predisposition to aggression, as measured with a standard psychological battery. Among those with the greatest predisposition to aggression, being exposed to a violent political ad increased their support for political violence by about 20 points on a 100-point scale. Among those with the least predisposition to aggression, being exposed to a a violent ad actually decreased their support for violence.
This conditional relationship -- between seeing violent ad and a predisposition to aggression -- appears stronger among those under the age of 40 (vs. those older), men (vs. women), and Democrats (vs. Republicans).

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
First I made the point that the right-wing never disassociates the political (or religious persuasions of terrorists who happen to be middle-eastern or Muslim. Then on your next post, you proceeded to use as an example a mentally unstable person who you dutifully noted was both brown and a muslim.
apart from the fact i was asserting nidal malik hasan was not tbagger material, i would expect when politics or religion is a significant factor to their actions -- usually *the* factor -- this is appropriate [making teh correlation]

i would expect the same from you as well.

guess who did this?

more here for when you get cumdrunk from reading huffpo:
http://hillbuzz.org/2011/01/08/my-congresswoman-voted-against-nancy-pelosi-and-is-now-dead-to-me-eerie-daily-kos-hit-piece-on-gabrielle-giffords-just-two-days-before-assassination-attempt-on-her/

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Sure enough, when trying to describe a "left wing terrorist", $tinkle brings up Nadal's ethnicity and religious beliefs.
so when i wrote, "nidal malik hassan (did anyone put his name up in this thread yet?) was an anti-war murderer. not sure he fits nicely into the right wing tbagger camp, especially since he's a brown muslim, eh?", my hope was to draw your attention to the fact he doesn't fit what you have repeatedly tried to paint t-baggers as: white, christian, pro-war

sorry i wasn't clearer when i used those adjectives

ed:
...and the right-wing whitewash continues, unabated.
uhh...i think dailykos is left-wing.
ain't google cache a bitch?

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

And the difference between that and what palin put up was.........come on.........you can do it..........

What's the difference? Because there definitely is one. Kind of a big one actually.

Here's a hint, taken from that page.

Democrats use "bulls eye" targets extensively in their political graphics. This map shows states Democrats want targeted. Arizona, which Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords represents, is surrounded by these targets.
Now here's what palin had up.

Read what's on each. You can do it.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I have a particular friend on Facebook that holds me to a literal standard, specifically, I had posted a story about Cheney in the hospital for his heart condition, and made a joke about how "I'm praying...", implying that I was praying for his death.

A few months later I criticized people "praying" for Obama, a healthy 47 year old man who is targeted by every nutcase and terrorist, to die, and this friend called me on it.

I tried to explain that I was kidding about wanting to Cheney to pass on from natural causes vs an untimely and very likely violent end for Obama, but it made no difference in his eyes.

As for the Daily Kos vs Sarah Palin, it simply falls to perception. Is the Daily Kos known for its violent rhetoric and guns-guns-guns? Not really.

Is Sarah Palin known for this? Yes.

So I think all of us will have to be on alert for the language we use when discussing politics.

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
some choice selections
Mistrust of government was Loughner's defining conviction, the friends said. He believed the U.S. government was behind 9/11, and worried that governments were maneuvering to create a unified monetary system ("a New World Order currency" one friend said) so that social elites and bureaucrats could control the rest of the world.
An ardent atheist, he began to characterize people as sheep whose free will was being sapped by the government and the monotony of modern life.
"He didn't want people to wake up and do the same thing every day. He wanted more chaos, he wanted less regularity," one friend said.
The friends said Loughner told anyone who would listen that the world we see does not exist, that words have no meaning — and that the only way to derive meaning was during sleep. Loughner began obsessing about a practice called lucid dreaming, in which people try to actively control their sleeping world.

When other students, always seated, read their poems, Coorough said Loughner "would laugh at things that you wouldn't laugh at." After one woman read a poem about abortion, "he was turning all shades of red and laughing," and said, "Wow, she's just like a terrorist, she killed a baby," Coorough said.

Loughner also said in one video that government is "implying mind control and brainwash on the people by controlling grammar." He described America's laws as "treasonous" and said that "every human who's mentally capable is always able to be treasurer of their new currency."
which monkey does this read like? 3D, RR, or desmondo (sp)?

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
hey, stinkle, with all the righty/lefty/teatard/same bunch of fascist dirty old men and women bs aside; is not a bit odd that 1 of Gifford's 2 ytube subscriptions is Loughner's? if it was a recent hack/crack why is it still up? Been there for two days now.

edit: his subscription was deleted from her page on 1/11/11 with still no explanation of why she was subscribed to him, and if hacked, why was he there on 1/8/11.
cached from 1/8/11, he's on the bottom left

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
the interview with the little girl's parents last night was a little odd IMO. im assuming her death hadnt hit them yet, but they seemed so calm after just losing their daughter the day before

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Hey, if any crazy left-wing zealot shoots a state with a bow and arrow, I'm TOTALLY holding the Democrats responsible... :thumb:
Also a good one, but the main difference to me is that palin's crap specifically mentions individual PEOPLE, with very specific elimination-esque terminology at the top of the page. Not states for points but specific individuals. Only way it could have been worse is with their pictures in the crosshairs in every state.

I don't think for a second this douche clicked on that page and then all of sudden had a great idea to go shoot someone. But it fits into a larger collection of firearm/second amendment/'solution' themes that is wholly and specifically coming from HIGH PROFILE leaders and figure heads on the right, and the right only (and whatever the hell that militia minded, gold hoarding bullshlt parading around as patriotism is these days....which is still trumpeted by the same people who all happen to be republicans). A few ramblings from registered democrats here and there along the same lines isn't even close to the same thing. Guys like ridetoofast, stinkle and sanjuro in his ongoing quest to be fair and balanced™ are delusional sitting here pretending it's even close.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
yeah but you lot want to give us teh ghey & make us eat produce sorted by unionized butt-scratching hippies that had spells cast on them by the town priestess

that kills, too.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Also a good one, but the main difference to me is that palin's crap specifically mentions individual PEOPLE, with very specific elimination-esque terminology at the top of the page. Not states for points but specific individuals. Only way it could have been worse is with their pictures in the crosshairs in every state.
Well yeah, I was implying that, but I guess it got missed. The Democrats used comical bow-and-arrow bullseye targets on states. Palin used rifle crosshairs on people. HUGE difference.

I don't think for a second this douche clicked on that page and then all of sudden had a great idea to go shoot someone. But it fits into a larger collection of firearm/second amendment/'solution' themes that is wholly and specifically coming from HIGH PROFILE leaders and figure heads on the right, and the right only (and whatever the hell that militia minded, gold hoarding bullshlt parading around as patriotism is these days....which is still trumpeted by the same people who all happen to be republicans). A few ramblings from registered democrats here and there along the same lines isn't even close to the same thing. Guys like ridetoofast, stinkle and sanjuro in his ongoing quest to be fair and balanced™ are delusional sitting here pretending it's even close.
I found this yesterday, and I'm surprised I didn't post it here:

http://scienceblogs.com/tfk/2011/01/asking_why_without_the_blame_g.php

Seeing violent political ads DID have an effect among those with a predisposition to aggression, as measured with a standard psychological battery. Among those with the greatest predisposition to aggression, being exposed to a violent political ad increased their support for political violence by about 20 points on a 100-point scale. Among those with the least predisposition to aggression, being exposed to a a violent ad actually decreased their support for violence.
This conditional relationship -- between seeing violent ad and a predisposition to aggression -- appears stronger among those under the age of 40 (vs. those older), men (vs. women), and Democrats (vs. Republicans).
Obviously a normal, sane, rational person isn't going to see a violent political ad on tv and go out and start shooting people. However, it could be enough to push someone who's teetering on the brink of sanity over the edge... But overall the article is a great read.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
You're still letting $tinkle yank your chains? Anyone in the GOP could carve a live baby up like a thanksgiving turkey at halftime during the Superbowl on national television and feed it to whatever washed up singer they have entertaining the drooling masses, and he'd go into a diatribe about how teacher's unions support Democrats, so it's the same.

Look, a crazy person with a gun in a country full of crazy people with guns shot someone. It'll happen again, soon. Greatest country on earth!

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Obviously a normal, sane, rational person isn't going to see a violent political ad on tv and go out and start shooting people. However, it could be enough to push someone who's teetering on the brink of sanity over the edge... But overall the article is a great read.

Hell man, I know plenty of people (yes in florida) who I'd consider 'sane' who over the last two years have started parroting this whole 'constitution getting raped'/'use muh gunn to protekt america frum the commies' crap that passes as freedom loving speech.

It's like the internet. Every stupid idea can find validation and support and now there's the perception that 'good' americans defend their political ideas with firearms and there's a huge nation wide support group where this kind of crap is not only sanctioned and accepted but outright promoted. You know it's not fiction when a friggin Arizona cop goes on record and criticizes the current rhetoric as being dangerous.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
pro gun....hated brown people/for tougher immigration....someone some of you would have a problem with....