Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
But that's the thing that gives me both the creeps and some solace in all this. On one hand, it's easy for me to stay out of texas/arizona/idaho/montana. On the other hand the constant gun totin chest beating bullshlt that masquerades as patriotism (now on a nationwide scale) at some point ALWAYS spills over into violence against people who just want to do their thing. Even if that's not the case here, there's a reason that half the world's first thought was 'teabagger douche' when hearing the news. The constant dehumanizing that goes on with perceived 'enemies of the state' (IE fellow americans who vote differently than you), eeks ever and ever closer to an active engagement of one side vs the other. I'm literally scared of a large percentage of this country who can't watch fox news and NOT want to go grab a gun, horde gold, and get ready to defend some vague sense of american duty that's not actually being threatened.

I'm just waiting for one of my neighbors to flip out and shoot me because he saw a bumper sticker that made him angry. The only reason these idiots are being courted is for votes. There are consequences to that though. Palin taking down all her little incriminating catch phrases and graphics shows that she (more likely her handlers) know it too. If they really were so innocent, they'd still be up and their authors could stand behind them.
How do you think I feel? I live in the capital city of the right wing nut-o-verse. Chances are when I get gunned down by some right wing nutzo because I'm sporting a FSM emblem on my jeep, its gonna be $tinkle who's doing the shooting.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
How do you think I feel? I live in the capital city of the right wing nut-o-verse. Chances are when I get gunned down by some right wing nutzo because I'm sporting a FSM emblem on my jeep, its gonna be $tinkle who's doing the shooting.
Yeah I spent christmas around CO springs. You definitely win :D

For all $tink's brick headedness he's one of the few people I can honestly say, probably won't be pulling the trigger. He'll keep fostering the environment that helps some retard do it........but he's no shoot'em upper.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Yeah I spent christmas around CO springs. You definitely win :D

For all $tink's brick headedness he's one of the few people I can honestly say, probably won't be pulling the trigger. He'll keep fostering the environment that helps some retard do it........but he's no shoot'em upper.
Oh I don't really think he's one for that, it was just too good a chance to take a jab at the poor guy. :D

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=6121915&page=1

Yeah, guns are just great.:shocked:

I'm also in the camp that believes some people are just crazy. My only hope is that with all the political infighting going on surrounding this tragedy, the general public can take a step back and realize the manipulation tactics being used to further political agendas. I'm not too optimistic though.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So, for all the "new reasonableness" concern trolls, and Jonathan Leibowitz, I have to ask:

Y'all happy with Palin comparing criticism of herself to blood libel? Reasonable, indeed. The lie that Jews kidnap and murder Christian children for their blood is the same as pointing out that overheated rhetoric isn't helpful. You betcha!
Wait, are you saying she doesn't eat babies ?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Wait, are you saying she doesn't eat babies ?
She doesn't eat babies. That Jewish woman that got shot in the head is guilty of blood libel, however.

You can't make **** like that up. I'm trying to think of a politician in Canada that crazy. Maybe that dickhole Rob Anders in Alberta, and he cut his political teeth in the US. But I don't think even he is that ****ing retarded.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It's sad when the most responsible form of journalism seems to be John Stewart. I'll paraphrase what he reported last night as I whole heartedly agree with him.
Aight, I just saw that clip.

You forgot to paraphrase the part where he said we may never know if political discourse was a cause but that it sure would nice if the crazy people didn't sound just like that political discourse.

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
oops....just saw 3ds post. I mean a canadian who works indirectly for obama to introduce gun and internet control regulation, who's a freind and ally of the system put in place to keep me arguing like star jones who's trying a second time to deliberately get shot because it didn't work the first time, but is too stupid to cover his tracks on the internet with 'friend' requests on youtube.

I think I got it now. :D
Do ya?

gonna get a bit more involved then that... I was referencing crap that was flowing directly out of the shlt pipes of the great hill itself like this:
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/137141-stunned-lawmakers-struggle-for-answers

Believing that you can better control the population by taking away their guns (remember I’m not a gun guy) and free speech is pure insanity. If you think it’s violent and aggressive right now, wait until the bible belt is told to surrender their firearms to the nearest state police barracks a.s.a.p!:shocked:

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
couple Q for 3D:
1) have you ever been persuaded from a radical position to a more mainstream one using simple logic, like occam's razor? think: moon landing, aids targeting inner city blacks, etc.
2) if the left & right work in unison, yet compete so convincingly neither see it that way, are you suggesting they are both a particle and a wave at teh same time? if so, you must devise a 'slot test' to confirm their quantum entanglement
1) I view it for what it is, I’m sorry that you see it as such a complexity. You are aware that the simplest hypothesis is usually the more inaccurate explanation and the equivalent and/or constant misinterpretation of William Ockham's philosophy is partly responsible for the dumbing down of society as a whole.

The bottom line is that politicians are not your friend nor do they care to participate in acts that result in positive outcomes for your interests. They are essentially a bunch of greed infested, self absorbed liars that have been looting this country dry with fraudulent ponzi schemes, ill appropriated deficit spending sprees and half baked unjust wars ever since the federal reserve act was illegally created on Christmas eve of 1913 plain and simple. The sooner the american public removes their heads from their asses and realizes this, and demands that no politician dems/repubs/indys/thirds/teafaggers/blah/blah/etc./etc. shall be allowed to receive a red cent other than their employment salaries alone, the sooner we will be on the real “road to recovery” the MSM has been telling you so much about.

So yes, the dems and repubs are without a doubt both the right and left wings of the same bird, regardless of how “convincing” and fulfilling there charades of opposition may be to some of you in here.

Why is this so hard for some of you to see?

2)Nice one… The slit is actually a great metaphor for how are corrupt political system tends to behave, more specifically I would personally describe it as being similar to those pesty photons. They’ve been known to exist in in two different locations at once ya know. However, it did take quantum mechanics quite some time to stumble upon that revelation. Stinkle and Woo don’t fret cause you’ll understand what I’m talking about in you’re lifetime fo sho.;)

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA

thats a worthy read, gives me a little hope that some americans may be paying attention.

Political violence in America always has been a matter of great convenience to the people who actually own the country. They don't have to inspire it, or finance it. They can even deplore it. All they really have to do is control the reaction to it — not let it get so wild that it disturbs the stock market and, at the same time, not let the reality of political violence disrupt the anesthetic consensus that swaddles the centers of real power.
There is no great lesson to be learned from what happened in Tucson, because we won't learn the greatest one — to stop being such suckers, to cease being a nation of easy marks, to acknowledge the darkness in ourselves and in our country and to recognize it so well that we are able to resist the attempts to bring it out of us so someone can get elected or turn a buck on it. We must pity the deranged, and we must goddamn all gentlemen.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Believing that you can better control the population by taking away their guns (remember I’m not a gun guy) and free speech is pure insanity. If you think it’s violent and aggressive right now, wait until the bible belt is told to surrender their firearms to the nearest state police barracks a.s.a.p!:shocked:
That would be fantastic.

An easy way around it of course would be to just deport everyone with a mustache. Just come up with a story about mustaches living off the blood of christian children.

VB said:
Yeah, it does. It's obvious that Americans are quite happy with the status quo as regards to guns.
I mean we really are the only country that's this moronic about guns right? Most of my travels have been to other 3rd world countries (and canada) so I've never really seen civilization per se.

edit: just found some hope in the world

Video: LMFAO: Father Gives His Nephew An Old School Azz Whoopin On Webcam For Acting Hard On Facebook & Forced To Put The Video On His Wall! "Put That On Your Muthaf*ckin Wall"

Last edited:

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
In Switzerland almost every home has a military issued rifle, (officers have rifles and semi-auto pistols I believe). I am also under the belief that all males have to serve the military at some point; at which time they are issued the said rifles. There may be exceptions or changes that I am not aware of though.

I also found it interesting and somewhat un-nerving that through out Europe (at least in Switzerland, Austria, Germany) that the military seemed to police most public gatherings (sporting events etc.) fully armed with their weapons. Certainly a difference in societies.

Last edited:

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Guess I'm in the "sometimes people are just fvcking crazy and kill people" camp.

While it's true some of his ramblings hint at the usual teabagger paranoia, there seems to be a lot of other nonsensical garbage going on there to that doesn't jive with a strictly wing-nut point of view. Could "angry rhetoric" have contributed to this retard's actions? I suppose, but Im certainly not about to argue that it was so, because there's no real evidence of that being the case.

I thought Sanjuro summed a big part of this up quite nicely several pages ago:

All true, and smartly doesn't go so far as to say she's actually responsible for this atrocity in any way, just because some graphic she probably isn't even capable of creating herself was posted on a webpage one time.

Anyway,

Part of being a reasonable person includes not making snap judgments or extrapolative conclusions about random events (OMG some birds died, clearly the end is nigh!!! / It's snowing outside OMG, clearly Global Warming is a myth!!!). If there's an uptick in this kind of violence against "liberals" or government officials in general, maybe I'll buy into the idea that heated political rhetoric is related, but assassinations happen from time to time in this country, and I haven't seen any evidence that they're on the increase. If anything, we were probably due for one.
:thumb: Must spread rep.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
3D, do you believe what you are saying?

Do you control your grammar structure?

Are you the treasurer of your own currency?

Do you have an urge to shoot your congressional representatives?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Yeah....she's a victim of thousands of years of dehumanization.....right. :mad:

Despite a bunch of people being killed, it is still about her - sad.
I've been saying for a couple of years now, that the Right Wing, and especially the tea-tards, have a platform based solely on playing the victim. I.E. Im a victim of government/illegals/liberals/lamestream media and I'm losing my freedumb. When the dems aren't kind enough to provide them with a controversy the right manufactures one, death panels, canceling the day of prayer, Obama's legitimacy, or any other e-mail you might have received since 2008. There has never been a whinier, more self entitled, pitiful bunch of wannabe victims then in today's political right.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I've been saying for a couple of years now, that the Right Wing, and especially the tea-tards, have a platform based solely on playing the victim. I.E. Im a victim of government/illegals/liberals/lamestream media and I'm losing my freedumb. When the dems aren't kind enough to provide them with a controversy the right manufactures one, death panels, canceling the day of prayer, Obama's legitimacy, or any other e-mail you might have received since 2008. There has never been a whinier, more self entitled, pitiful bunch of wannabe victims then in today's political right.
katrina

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
In Switzerland almost every home has a military issued rifle, (officers have rifles and semi-auto pistols I believe). I am also under the belief that all males have to serve the military at some point; at which time they are issued the said rifles. There may be exceptions or changes that I am not aware of though.

I also found it interesting and somewhat un-nerving that through out Europe (at least in Switzerland, Austria, Germany) that the military seemed to police most public gatherings (sporting events etc.) fully armed with their weapons. Certainly a difference in societies.
you're right about switzerland, everyone serves in the army and has a (semi)automatic rifle at home.
now on military on public events: this actually aren't soldiers of any kind, these are riot poice. i don't know for switzerland or austria, but in germany the army is strictly forbidden by the constitution to act inside the country, except for humanitarian reasons like natural desasres for example. several governments tried to change this rule but did not succeed. germany has no federal police forces, police is ruled by the states, not the federal government. there is a federal criminal investigation department (Bundeskriminalamt), which has to rely on state forces to actually physically act.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Where does the fear come from in American society? Are you constantly bombarded with veiled political messages/threats via the media? I understand Fox news can be a bit... er.... biased but I've never actually watched it.

I read the front pages (online) of the New York Times and USA today every now and again but nowhere near enough to get a good image of these newspapers political stances as I'm not reading the more political comments/articles. I'd like to read more but from both sides of the fence, recommendations??

I've been reading a few different bits and bobs due to the shooting and the same stuff comes up again and again. It's normally a very pro gun person arguing that extra gun controls will result in all guns being forcibly removed from private ownership and the government trying to kill them all....

One quote from a forum I read recently....

"The danger is not that a lunatic with a gun kills a few people.

The danger is that a lunatic with an army kills masses of unarmed people.

I'll take my chances with the former to insure against the latter.

6 million Jews taught me that."

This is a comment I read over and over on this subject!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
mf: i recommend a news aggregator, like google, so you get afp, ap, up, reuters.

also, the right isn't in lock step on the fallout:

kraut ftmfw!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I realized something about the upcoming right-wing revolution, when I responded to this post on BARF :

Is there some 'strawman' check box we can unselect on you?

That's about the fourth argument you've attempted to have that wasn't there.

Where did I say it was the start of a revolution?

Answer: Nowhere.

I simply pointed out that Eldritch has a point -- it was devised to enable a revolution, should one become necessary:

That when things got so bad, that the populace en masse felt the only answer was to start over, that they would have the tools to do so. It was also designed to help prevent this outcome -- by discouraging government from becoming so oppressive they'd have to be killed, knowing the people would retain that power.

You should probably read up on our Founders ideas of what made a legitimate government. Hint: by the people, for the people, etc.

Anyway, nobody is suggesting it's the start of a revolution, or that we want to see it happen, or that he should have done this.

We're simply pointing out a truth that you are apparently uncomfortable with.
I was reading about Che Guevara, and one thing that struck me is during his motorcycle trip as a young man, he saw first-hand the poverty and exploitation of miners and farmers around South America.

I would think that would be enough motivation to become a revolutionary.

When I read about some guy talking in vague, sinister terms about oppression from the US government, it just makes me laugh.

I think about the poor in the United States, the economic class which all revolutions have drawn from, and it is not white guys polishing their $10k collection of guns. Actually, the indigent is the reason why they have purchased those guns in the first place.

Really, when some right wing nut is talking about revolution, they are really talking about committing a crime. No two other ways about it.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Where does the fear come from in American society? Are you constantly bombarded with veiled political messages/threats via the media? I understand Fox news can be a bit... er.... biased but I've never actually watched it.

I read the front pages (online) of the New York Times and USA today every now and again but nowhere near enough to get a good image of these newspapers political stances as I'm not reading the more political comments/articles. I'd like to read more but from both sides of the fence, recommendations??

I've been reading a few different bits and bobs due to the shooting and the same stuff comes up again and again. It's normally a very pro gun person arguing that extra gun controls will result in all guns being forcibly removed from private ownership and the government trying to kill them all....

One quote from a forum I read recently....

"The danger is not that a lunatic with a gun kills a few people.

The danger is that a lunatic with an army kills masses of unarmed people.

I'll take my chances with the former to insure against the latter.

6 million Jews taught me that."

This is a comment I read over and over on this subject!
Let's say instead of watching BBC News, I got my UK information from the Daily Sun. It is a similar comparison between the NY Times and Fox News.

You might look at hotair.com, the Weekly Standard, Instapundit, Breitbart.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Well, in regards to Mr. Loughner, I may have to retract what I said about him. The boy may just in fact, be batch*t crazy. I mean really, who is still using a film camera these days? :crazy:
Pictures of alleged Tucson gunman Jared Lee Loughner have arisen, reportedly showing the suspect brandishing a Glock 9mm handgun next to his nude body, occasionally covered only with a "bright red g-string."

The New York Times reports:

The photos were turned over to the police by Walgreens, where Mr. Loughner had taken them to be developed. In some of the photos he is holding the gun near his crotch, and in others, presumably shot in a mirror, he is holding the gun next to his buttocks, the police said. It was not yet clear when the photos were taken or whether Mr. Loughner had ordered any prints.
The gun in the photo appears to be a Glock 19 semiautomatic handgun, the same type of weapon that Loughner bought legally last November at a sporting-goods store and the same type of gun that was used in Saturday's shooting.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/14/jared-lee-loughner-photos-g-string_n_809329.html