Quantcast

what's the weather like in Pisgah/Tsali in August?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
It shouldn't be too bad. If it is really hot at Tsali, you might wanna just stick with the dense forests in Pisgah. It's never really too bad and a lot of trails cross creeks/small rivers, so that's cool(pun intended). Let us know if you come down and we'll get something going if you want.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
2nd dumb question....how far apart are tsali and pisgah? is asheville a good base to stay at and still be relatively close to good trails?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Tsali is about an hour from Asheville I think. Asheville is a good place to stay, but I prefer Brevard, about 25-30 minutes south of Asheville. It is for the most part right in the middle of the best trails. Brevard is also about 15 minutes from Dupont State Forest, a must-do for trail riding.

So, if you could base out of Asheville and pretty much hit everything you want to with relative ease. And you should look into going fly fishing at the Biltmore Estate so you could bug Biggins for selling his bikes.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I dont think there is a bad time to ride either place. Good call on staying in Brevard.

Jan 21, 2006
Boone, NC
I got a question that'll probably help both us (threadstarter and I)...If he stays in Brevard (where i'll be in april for a little) what are the best nearby trails for DH stuff?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
narlus said:
and are there any decent bars/places to eat/nightlife in brevard? how about lodging options?
It's a very small town. Nothing like Asheville, which has everything. You decide--close to the really good trails, or close to the good bars/food/nightlife. It's a tough decision in deed.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
narlus said:
and are there any decent bars/places to eat/nightlife in brevard? how about lodging options?
nightlife consists of watching dear sneak across the 2 lane.
Asheville is the night life...but still we're talking pubs and stuff...not Coconut Grove.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
d-e-e-r (unless that'a your wife or girlfriend your sending out for a sixpack.)

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
lol yeh asheville is deffinatly a lot better for the bars and drinking scene and brevard is deffinatly the laid back tiny town on the out skirts of asheville. ohha and tsali is about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs away from asheville depending on who you are and how you drive. deffinatly worth the day trip out there if you want or you can camp a night at the camp ground then come and stay another night in asheville and easily make a day trip out to dupont and pisgah or well is should say two day trips cause both of those trail systems need a day for themselves. so good luck man and hope you enjoy.

ohh and metal head there are awsome dh trails out in pisgah area and like i said befoe me and my crew are more than happy to show you around. thats right in our backyard.