Quantcast

Whats the weight limit for BMX/Jump bikes?

bearZ

Chimp
Jun 1, 2014
I want to start getting into bmx and I've been loking for a bike. Im 6 foot 3 inches tall and weight a good 266 pounds. I figured this would be a great way to get into shape and have some fun. Are these bikes going to be sturdy and durable enough to hold me through all the jumping and stuff?

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
I want to start getting into bmx and I've been loking for a bike. Im 6 foot 3 inches tall and weight a good 266 pounds. I figured this would be a great way to get into shape and have some fun. Are these bikes going to be sturdy and durable enough to hold me through all the jumping and stuff?

I know some big guys that ride big stuff, 20 footers, and they are fine. but they are also smooth and seasoned riders.

I think a person that is a hack will break more stuff than a smooth rider regardless of size/ weight.

If you don't 50/50 every jump you will be fine.

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
true on the smooth point. 'ride bmx' means many things... trails? track/race? park? street?

plenty of tall and heavy dudes rock bmx bikes. Go to a store pedal some around, find a buddy that rides and borrow theirs, or just get a frame of appropriate size for the style of riding you want to do and commit to learning.