Quantcast

What's up for Sunday?

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Was hoping to do some dirt jumping Sunday but it seems like the ground's going to be too moist for that. What does everybody think? Am I just writing it off prematurely? (I'm new to this analyzing soil conditions thing!)

Anybody riding the 'Shed Sunday? What are folks doing Sunday? I might be riding a new bike (of my own!!)... it will be 'Shed-worthy!

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
I think any dirt jumps around here are going to be too soggy to hit for a while now. They're definitely not going to be dry enough to hit at anytime this weekend.

As for riding anywhere this weekend, who knows? An all-day Gambrill to 'Shed trail ride loop via yellow and blue might be an option. Or Elizabeth Furnace? I don't think anywhere else is going to be rideable at this rate.

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
Originally posted by Capt. Jack Sparrow

Anybody riding the 'Shed Sunday? What are folks doing Sunday? I might be riding a new bike (of my own!!)... it will be 'Shed-worthy!
we're riding the Shed tomorrow. breaking in a new section.
more than welcome to join if you'd like. shuttles only. bring your crash gear. call Marks cell or meet near drop trails at around 10am.

ben

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
we're riding the Shed tomorrow. breaking in a new section.
not tryin to be a dick or poopoo on anybody's riding, but I REALLY don't think Jenn is gonna want to hit that - it'd be like instant death. ;)

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Originally posted by rideLIKEjehu
should be a good building weekend ... what's up with the conway robinson trails?
Not sure...need to get an update from Mark. The MORE folks seemed to be pretty enthusiastic about what we had started though.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Originally posted by DßR
not tryin to be a dick or poopoo on anybody's riding, but I REALLY don't think Jenn is gonna want to hit that - it'd be like instant death. ;)
I already had instant death last weekend on the drop trails! No thanks! I'd like to do some riding in which I'm actually on the bike, not the other way around. :)

I can't ride Saturday so I was hoping some folks were gonna do some stuff like the Blue Trail at the 'Shed on Sunday. God, I could ride that all day! (The rocky one with all those stream crossings?)

Have fun everybody, with whatever you ride!

Edit: grammar mistake.

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
An all-day Gambrill to 'Shed trail ride loop via yellow and blue might be an option
Hey Damien, I would be down for actually pedaling on sat. considering that last time I did an XC'ish loop I almost died from lung failure. What do you say? Would you mind waiting for me at the top of every climb?

julio

remi

Chimp
Jun 19, 2002
VA, in the snow
Originally posted by rideLIKEjehu
should be a good building weekend ...
I went to 495 and got my shoes and pants wet just to get my shovel back ...

Let me know if you want to build anything ...

And if this chocolate stays with me much longerm I'm gonna eat it ... :rolleyes:

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
Originally posted by DßR
that little wussy XC trail didn't scare ya did it Dan?!??! ;)

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Originally posted by BigMike
So Jen, you finally are getting a bike? :D

What is the "new line?"
It's a secret because so far I love this bike on paper but I haven't ridden it. Will post tomorrow if I like it enough to buy it.... Wish me luck! I want a bike! (You've all heard that before!) It's too much bike for me at this point, but that's okay, 'cause soon enough I'll Marla-Streb all of y'all. :devil:

("Marla-Streb" meaning, "Come out of nowhere and whup your butts.")

urban_rider

Chimp
Jan 25, 2004
a-dale
hey yall i was thinkin to myself street dries faster than dirt so howabout a dc street ride all day sunday. ahh i remember the last time i rode dc during the day. so if anyone is down lemmie know and well figure out when and where. peace yall.

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by Capt. Jack Sparrow
Was hoping to do some dirt jumping Sunday but it seems like the ground's going to be too moist for that. What does everybody think? Am I just writing it off prematurely? (I'm new to this analyzing soil conditions thing!)

ooh! my race tomorrow got cancelled, so i'd totally be up for some riding... the shed, the furnace, whatever. so long as i get my adrenaline rush and mud bath :)

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Not enough people seemed interested in riding the 'Shed today so I'm just gonna go ahead and grocery shop and go to the gym. I know Saturday was the big day for riding. Maybe we all can get together for some 'Shed/Furnace riding next weekend? Remember, folks, it'll be Easter weekend... keep that in mind.

I'm sure someone will post a 'Shed thread later in the week....

Let's all pray the ground dries out between now and then!

downy

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
Annandale, VA
You got a Monster T?! To put on your SGS?
lol, yah. Only because it was so cheap. I got an 02 for 375 in pretty much perfect condition :D :D . Right now it's on my brooklyn ... actually feels really comfy on it (want to get it on the sgs as soon as possible).

Ignore Phil's stupidity in the pic.

Attachments

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Originally posted by jmvar
Hey Damien, I would be down for actually pedaling on sat. considering that last time I did an XC'ish loop I almost died from lung failure. What do you say? Would you mind waiting for me at the top of every climb?

julio

Saturday, the weather was not quite as bad as on Sunday. BigRich and I ended up doing shuttles of the Salamander Rock to Catoctin Hollow run and the Gambrill Park Cell Tower to Pipe run. Both were awesome in the light misting that was the order of the day. The only problem was that some "Man From Snowy River" dumbarse actually rode his horse down the Cell Tower to Pipe run trail. His steed left deep hoof impressions in the softer soil along the entire length...to say nothing of the piles of horse$hit everywhere. Bad news, though- the guy even took his horse on the jumps and there are deep hoof marks through all the dirt used to smooth out the logpile jumps. Most of them will need some work now to repair the damage. :mad:

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
Bad news, though- the guy even took his horse on the jumps and there are deep hoof marks through all the dirt used to smooth out the logpile jumps. Most of them will need some work now to repair the damage. :mad:
Next time I go up there, I will bring a gun. :mad:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by downy
lol, yah. Only because it was so cheap. I got an 02 for 375 in pretty much perfect condition :D :D . Right now it's on my brooklyn ... actually feels really comfy on it (want to get it on the sgs as soon as possible).

Ignore Phil's stupidity in the pic.
Wow, you must throw some intense parties :rolleyes:

How did you get the Monster so cheap? does where ever you got it have a 888 for me for 375? :cool:

downy

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
Annandale, VA
Wow, you must throw some intense parties :rolleyes:

How did you get the Monster so cheap? does where ever you got it have a 888 for me for 375? :cool:
There's this cool rich kid who lives in great falls who I'm good friends with. He just got the new 8 inch dorado (feels great by the way) and was willing to get rid of his old fork for cheap so I jumped on it.